Feet For DeWalt And Other Brands Of Scroll Saw Stands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Has anybody (beside Berta) noticed the feet on my DeWalt scroll saw stand? Berta wants some, but I thought others might like them too.

I got tired of my scroll saw stand's sharp metal leg ends digging into my wood shop floor, and since there is a hole in the bottom of each leg, it seemed only natural to add some kind of foot. I happened to have some of these and decided to use them for each of my scroll saws, then the legs of my table saw out feed table, then my son's Delta contractor saw, and now I'm left with just 3 of them (in the picture) and I will be ordering more for my own needs.

So I've decided to see if anyone else would like some, but I will need a rough count. They will cost about $2 each (maybe less - depending on the size of my order) plus any shipping costs from me to you, if there's no other way to get them to you. They are like the ones shown in the attached photo (of my last 3). The bolt size is 3/8 and the pad is floating, so it will adjust itself to an un-even floor, and since the threaded piece is about 2 1/4" long they can be adjusted by turning the nuts to compensate for a significantly uneven floor to level the machine. Since the hole size in the bottom of my scroll saw legs is larger than 3/8" and your's probably is too, you will probably also need a couple of washers for each foot. If you decide to put them on something with a wooden leg (like my out feed table legs) , a clearance hole drilled in the end of the leg slightly larger than 3/8 and at least 2" deep will be required and you will need a 3/8" Tee nut to drive into the hole so the foot can be threaded into it.

If you want some of these, please reply to this thread with the quantity that you would like. I'll wait until Nov 6 to total the requests and place the order. I will have them in less than a week and will let you know in this thread as soon as they are available. You can pay me when you pick them up from me or we'll make some other arrangements via PM. Again, I will be ordering some for myself (and Berta), plus some for anyone else who asks for them here before Nov 6. So far I'm planning on buying 16 for myself plus 4 for Berta.

Charley

Attachments

• P1010026.jpg
    P1010026.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 121

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
This is mostly a bump to keep this post on page 1, but Hank has volunteered to see if he can find a cheaper source for these feet. If he finds them cheaper some place else we will be getting them from there. If you have any interest in getting any of these please tell me how many you would like. Once I have a real price and source I'll post this to this thread. I'm trying to get them as cheap as I can and not trying to make even a penny on this. They definitely will be less than $2 each including their shipping to me.

Charley

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Another bump to the top.

How about it? Anybody else want in on this? The cost should be much less than the $2 per foot price, but I can't nail down the exact price including shipping until I have a better idea of how many we want. I will be getting mine at the exact same price that you will. I'm not making a cent on this. I'll post the real price just before I place the order, so you will have a chance to back out if you want to.

Charley

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Well, lets add a little complexity to this.

Hank says he can get us (1/2-13 X 1-15/16 long) feet for $0.60 each. They are supposed to be the same type of foot, but with a larger size bolt than what I had planned on ordering.

I would like to place just one order and it's looking like the original ones in my photo are going to cost me delivered about twice as much as the ones that Hank is offering to get this larger size for. Since the hole size in the legs of my scroll saws are larger than 3/8 and washers need to be used, is anybody who wants the feet locked into the 3/8 bolt version? We can save about 1/2 price delivered to me if we get the ones from Hank.

Those of you who want the feet, please let me know if the 1/2" bolt size is NOT OK with you. I'll be ordering the 1/2" size through Hank. If you want to cancel, please do it with a post to this thread soon. Otherwise you will be getting feet with 1/2 inch bolts.

Charley

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Ok, The feet were ordered today.

I bought 32 feet with 3/8 X 3" bolts for $0.90 each. I took the 3" length because I got a slightly better deal on them, but I could have had either 2" or 3" for the same price. You can cut them if they are too long (better than too short). The shipping cost to me was $8.59, divided by the number of feet ordered (32) works out to $0.26 per foot (rounded off in your favor), so the total cost per foot for each of us is $1.16.

They should arrive here by the end of the week, and I'll make another post to this thread when they arrive. Then I'll try to get them out to each of you who ordered them via PM and PE arrangements. I'm willing to ship them to you (at your cost for this shipping) if we can't work out a better way to get them to you. Since I ordered extras for myself, if anyone discovers that they need a couple more I probably can supply them at $1.16 each plus any shipping cost to you, if not by PE.

Hank had offered to try to get them with 1/2" bolts for us, and possibly a little cheaper, but we couldn't seem to work out the details in time and get a photo of what he would be getting for us in time to post it here by my promised order date of Nov 7. (I actually didn't order the 3/8 X 3" size until yesterday the 8th). I received confirmation of shipping of the 3/8 X 3" size this afternoon. If we can get this deal through Hank all worked out we may be offering the 1/2" bolt size the next time that we want some.

I'll be bringing them to the third week of the month Winston Salem lunch for those who can be there, or please PM me if you want them some other way.

Charley

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
The feet have arrived at my shop.

Now the task of getting them out to everyone who wants them begins. I know that Mike Davis has asked to have his delivered to the Winston Salem lunch, but how about the rest of you?

Please let me know, either here or by PM, how you would like me to get them out to you.

Charley

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Berta,

Hank just PM'd me, offering to bring your scroll saw feet to the board meeting on Wednesday.

If this is OK with you I will meet up with him and give him the 4 feet that you had requested, saving you the cost of shipping.

Charley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors