Fayetteville area Sawmill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Saw the local guys talking about sawmills down this way in another thread so I knew I needed to hook a brother up :-D
I got lucky and found the card today so I hooked Ron (Yellowfins) up as well....
I learned of Eric when i needed my Sassafras milled prior to my Afghan vacation this past summer:eusa_whis. I visited him a month or so ago and at the time he had Kiln dried Walnut, Cherry, Pecan, Red Oak, QSWO, plus a few others...
Eric is retired military (go figure:cool:) and is a terrific guy
I bought some walnut ($2.50 Bd/Ft) and some Cherry (same price) very nice quality and generous footage calculations....
Here are his particulars:
Eric Feltz
903 Myra Road (coming south on Hope Mills Rd. turn Rt onto Camden (west, toward Raeford), take it till it "Y's" into Rockfish, turn Rt up onto Rockfish, Myra is a partially hidden turn on the Lt about 1/4 mile up Rockfish) He's actually 10 minutes from my house :)
Raeford NC 28376

(910) 875-5827
(910) 308-7796

Hope this helps folks
Gary

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks for that information. I'll make sure that it gets posted on our Wood Supplies list. Sounds like you found one of the "good old boys" who do business the right way.
Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Wow, that isn't even 10 minutes from MichaelG and I. (if we so chose, and given the right weather, we could almost host a snowball fight from each other's yards, perhaps a snow trebuchet?)

Gary, where exactly are you in this area? I know there is some guy with hundreds of bf of wood stickered outside a huge shop off Rockfish (the Raeford Rockfish, not Hope Mills or Rockfish's Rockfish) Is that you???? House and shop, and wood, too, situated prolly 500 ft off the road.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
I'm not nearly that luck Peter, I live off of Hope Mills Rd. 1 mile down from Raeford rd is a Lutheran Church, the housing area behind that (Ashton Forest) is where I live
Take care
Gary

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Whenever I am out that way, I am on the company clock. I would like to stop by to see what he, or she, does.

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Gary,
Thanks for the hook up on the lumber info and the saw fence.
Seeing your shop has me motivated to upgrade sooner........
I called the lumber folks but they weren't in the area.
Hopefully next week.......

thanks again,
Ron

rick7938

New User
Rick
I'm looking forward to visiting the fellow in the Fayetteville area. My only question is about the finish of the wood. Is it rough cut or planed to final dimension?

I am wanting a thickness planer as my next purchase, so I would rather have it rough cut so that I can do it myself.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Ron:
It was great meeting you, enjoy the Pa trip later this summer, get some great toys;-)
Rick:
All Lumber is rough cut, the boards I bought were 8' to 12' long
HTH
Gary

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Gary, thanks for posting that for us. That is the closest location to me I have seen yet. I familiar with the Aston Forest...........looked at house there many moons ago. I am over in the Summerhill area between Yadkin and Reilly right before you get on post.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS