Favorite YouTube Woodworker?

cmboggs

Chris
User
Since there has been a few post including YouTube channels, I thought I would see if there any out there that people might not be aware of.

A few of my favorites (woodworking only) are:
Stumpy Nubs
Young Je
RenaissanceWW
Pask Makes

I'm sure there are a few that I'm missing. But this is just a start. If you have any other favorites just leave them in the comments below...

Leatherneck

New User
Tom
Wooden water buckets were always a puzzle to me as to how to get them together. I have learned how it's all done by watching Woodwright's Shop and this fine video of Traditional
Cooper George Smithwick. I can now make the bucket parts, or take apart buckets to repair them and reassemble a now functional bucket.

Tgillis

Tonika
Corporate Member
King's Fine Woodworking, Jay's Custom Creations, Wilkerdo's, Anne of All Trades, Carl Jacobs, DIY Creators... These are the ones that I watch consistently

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Paul Sellers ( I enjoy his blog posts as much as his videos)
Here is another good one I thought of when I saw Tonika's post of "Anne of all trades"

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
King's Fine Woodworking, Jay's Custom Creations, Wilkerdo's, Anne of All Trades, Carl Jacobs, DIY Creators... These are the ones that I watch consistently
T-thank you for posting Anne of all trades - I am hooked!
A TON of personality and a REAL "go-getter!"

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
The Wood Whisperer (Marc Spagnolo)
Woodworking for Mere Mortals (Steve Ramsey)
Make Something (David Picciuto)
April Wilkerson

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
So I just watched this video:
(A table for the tiny house) and Anne did some outtakes at the end - ~12:30 her cat jumps up on the workbench and takes a drink out of her guest's coffee and then appears to try to cough-up a hair ball in it! I was literally crying/laughing!

faber

New User
faber
In addition to all the great suggestions above...

A few others on my subscriptions that are probably obvious:
Laura Kampf
I Like to Make Stuff
Third Coast Craftsman
Ashley Harwood

Some smaller ones that deserve more attention:
Uri Tuschman - Amazing genius artist/maker
Michael Alm - wood sculptor, furniture, construction
Kyle Toth - weirdo, woodturner, veneer enthusiast
Shawn Boyd - mid-century modern / (regular) modern furniture
Jeremy Schmidt - eccentric genius - builds lots of his own tools
Kingpost Timberworks - New Zealand furniture maker - mostly commission work

And honestly not sure how this hasn't been mentioned yet because he basically invented the genre:
Jimmy Diresta

I have like 100 more so

cmboggs

Chris
User
Jimmy Diresta almost goes without saying.

And every time I watch something by Uri Tuschman I feel the need to engrave something. He makes it look so easy.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I build it (I think that is John Heinz)
Izzy Swan
New Brit Workshop
Peter Millard
Wood working for engineers (Mathias Wandel)
Matthias Hornberger

I like many of those already mentioned. Most of these are not because they do great woodworking. Many make interesting tools and some are mostly because they are entertaining.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I was aware of some of these, but many are totally new to me: WOW and thanks!

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
My list is about the same, but I am growing less interested in some of them as they are becoming more like infomercials for the sponsors that are now giving them tools and telling them what to make using those tools.
April Wilkerson and Jimmy Diresta are still the most watched though.

Charley

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Remember way back in the day when you had that one TV channel that showed one 30 minute woodworking show on Saturday and then they doubled it to two back-to-back?!

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
My list is about the same, but I am growing less interested in some of them as they are becoming more like infomercials for the sponsors that are now giving them tools and telling them what to make using those tools.
April Wilkerson and Jimmy Diresta are still the most watched though.

Charley

I agree with you. I know April and she's kind of a fireball. It's fun to watch her work. Some have gotten to be too much in the advertising department but it's how they make their money.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I'll add William Ng to the list. For those using a table saw, he has some good videos on making jigs, cross cut sleds, etc. Matt Estlea has a few good ones. For hand tools, have been going through Paul Sellers' list and really enjoying them.

Thanks for the additional references!

cmboggs

Chris
User

I agree. The more I've been learning the less interested I'm in some of those channels. Especially when most of their good content is now behind the pay wall. It has been somewhat interesting to follow along their 'careers' and thought process about making the switch towards creating a Patreon account and/or accepting sponsorship.

Also, as my wife points out, "30min on YouTube is 30min you are not working in shop."

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS