Favorite Smilies - Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I've brought back a feature that we had once before. Favorite Smilies. This allows you to create a list of the smilies that you want to show up under the editing box. We have quite a few smilies in our library, several hundred. Now you can select the 75 smilies you want to be YOUR default. The rest of the smilies are still available for occasional selection.

Asart of this effort I have rearranged the smilie categories, to make a bit easier to find them. Also, if you don't customize your list, you will see what I hope will become our standard NCWW default selection.

Let me know what you think and changes you think I should make.

Oh yeah, sometime in the future we arrange for you to upload your own custom smilies. But that won't be until sometime later.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve you ROCK :headbang::headbang: That is one of my favorite features :icon_chee:icon_chee:eusa_clap:eusa_danc I really think that the liberal use of smilies adds emotion to a post and makes sure that folks understand the true meaning of what you're trying to say :icon_thum:XXcompute And that makes this a much friendlier place, with less misunderstandings :5grouphug
Now how do you go about creating your list? :dontknow::dontknow:
Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Never mind, I figured it out.:eusa_doh::icon_thum:5cool: You can edit your list by going to your User Control Panel :XXcompute accessable easily from the Other Links in the top tool bar. Have fun trying to decide on 70, there are soo many :new_shock8-O:5wow:
Dave:):5thanks:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I know! :XXcompute I spent a good 10 minutes picking out the ones I liked :eusa_thin, many old favorites of course :eusa_danc:eusa_danc
Worried I'd be picking too many :eusa_doh:there is a counter at the bottom of the screen :eusa_clap:eusa_clap Very helpful that :headbang: Of course, all these smileys :drunken_s:drunken_s make our posts look like :wav: the scribblings in the diary of a 14-year old :rolf::rolf: But who cares :laughing7

My favorite one is :tool:. Have you seen the Bud Light commercial where the dude talks to the dog, and the dog goes "Sausages! Sausages! Sausage!". Practice that, for when someone asks "what do you want for your birthday/ christmas". Tool! Tool! :tool:

OK, that's enough icon pollution for one post. :glasses9:

cskipper

Cathy
:5cool: Thanks for making these changes:eusa_clap It wasn't all that long ago that you had difficulty :BangHead: getting many folks to use them at all :5lol: Heck, this new change may even slow DavoO :XXcompute posting, a least for a little while!:icon_thum Maybe we have a shot at not being left quite so fare back in the dust :wav:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Heck, this new change may even slow DavoO :XXcompute posting, a least for a little while!:icon_thum

Naww, I was slowed down while I had to look through the huge smilie list for the ones I needed to use :roll::new_Eyecr:icon_scra...now they're right at my finger tips :-D :XXcompute

:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Dave:)

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Smilies are so 2007...get with it people! These days, anyone who is hip is using
COL
OR!!!!

Get with the TIMES people! This is 2008!

..k...actually, I have missed the fav smilies section...thx Steve!:thumbs_up:icon_thum:thumbs_up
:new_birth

Chris

sawduster

New User
Robert
I am constantly amazed at how much time and effort is spent in making this such a kewl forum :icon_thum
Steve, you are da man, man !! :eek:ccasion1

Glennbear

Glenn
:tt::hh::ii::ss: :ff::eek:o::rr::uu::mm: :rr::eek:o::cc::kk::ss::gar-Excla:gar-Excla:bigmono:

Thanks Steve .

sapwood

New User
Roger
Steve, this really brings a smile to my face
:gar-Bi:wrolleyes::mrgreen::happy8se::gar-Smile:5innocent:5emoticon:icon_blac:5camoufla :happy8: :v_SPIN::)

Roger

oops, almost forgot Bas :tool:

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Yup, this place rocks:headbang:- no I haven't built my list yet.

I regularly visited OWW when I was working on my 20" planer. They are helpful folks but not a bunch of fun guys. I used some "emoticons" (from NCWW) and was severely chastised :argue::violent1:- they are AGAINST OWW forum rules. Who knew?:dontknow:

cskipper

Cathy
O.K.. I got there, but how do you SAVE your favorites? To where? Thought I had it but they disapperared!!!

go to the bottom of all the smilies and click save. If your browser is acting like mine - wait until you get the successfully saved message before you click out of user settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS