Father's Day - whadjaget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I'll start...

I got a multi-tool that looks an awful lot like the one Matt had for sale at the picnic and I pointed out to my family.
I got a set of turning tools that look exactly like the ones I got as a door prize at the picnic.

They did spend a little more on something that is actually semi-woodworking related - a Cruz Android eReader. I can get plenty of eBooks, plus any PDF plans and stream YouTube videos with it in a Ziploc bag hanging on the wall or otherwise positioned out of harm's way. I have a netbook, but I fear getting sawdust or other things in the keyboard if I try to follow instructions using it. And as crazy as this would have sounded a few years ago, netbooks take up too much space on an already overcrowded bench.

And this all came with a nice home made card:
fathersday2011.jpg

Rob

New User
Rob
My daughter came home from Boone, my son and his wife came home from El Paso, that's the best fathers day I could have wished for.

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
Got to celebrate my son's first birthday with all the extended family, and got a new Milwaukee 5" ROS with two boxes worth of Mirka sandpaper discs.

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
@Andy - nice gifts for sure, and valuable, but the card is definitely priceless!!:icon_thum Gives you an idea what others feel when they receive a hand-crafted gift from you - you be da man.

I got a Skype from our daughter, son-in-law and grandson, again priceless. And my wife made one of her famous pineapple nut cakes with cream cheese frosting - yummmm.:wsmile:

jhreed

New User
james
Professional quality card. Beautiful family. If you look at that card and your eyes do not get moist, you must be made of stone. Looks like a gift that should be preserved in a family album.
James

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I had both my son and daughter over for the day and we had a brunch (which I had to cook with my wife) and some good family time together. I also was given a metal prickly pear cactus that will go on the raised hearth of the fire place once I build the cabin in the mountains. I guess it's time to start thinking about getting the cabin rolling along!

Red

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I hope all the fathers had a great Father's Day. My father left this life 17 years ago, but my Father In Heaven lives. I had a wonderful Father's Day.:icon_cheers

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Professional quality card. Beautiful family. If you look at that card and your eyes do not get moist, you must be made of stone. Looks like a gift that should be preserved in a family album.
James

I brought it in to my office and I am running out at lunch to get a frame. That will protect it if I get something in my eye. :cry_smile

It was timely motivation; registration for the Y Trailblazer's fall camp at Rockmont opened at 6:00 AM this morning. I was sitting on the curb at 5:30 reading a book on my Cruz and about 50th or so in line. I checked the Y site around 10:00 and they have sold every cabin spot for all three weekends and all the tent spots for the first one. I and my kids will be in cabins! EDIT - Just looked again; only thing left is half the tent spots the last weekend. I almost put it off until lunch. That would have been a serious mistake...

DWSmith

New User
David
My daughter showed up unannounced as a surprise from SC on Sunday morning. (She got in Friday night.) My son ignored me again. Took my wife and daughter out for breakfast and for ice cream after church. Then I watched the inside of my eyelids for most of the afternoon.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Great weekend...

Got to attend my youngest son's graduation from high school with my Dad in town - but with all the excitement around Alex, I forgot to give him his Father's day present before he left!

Got to spend most of the day in the shop working on the gift for LOML for our 20th anniversary coming up Wednesday... pictures as soon as the finishing is done ...

All in all, busy but very nice weekend...

dotBob

.bob
Senior User
My family gave me some clothes, and took me out for ice cream after Church as well. And of course, I got to spend most of the day in the garage workshop, making a new Thein baffle to accept 4" piping. :icon_cheers

Then I got an email back from my father, who safely arrived in Indiana after spending 7 months in Afghanistan. :icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Ben325e

New User
Ben
I got a Stanley 112 scraper plane in excellent condition (no blade, though, but Lie Nielsen blade is in my sights :) and a 11 piece All-Clad-esque tri-ply cookware set. We missed out on the best gift though - my wife took a pregnancy test, but no baby yet :(

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
I got a new shop apron that has been on my list for a while (Fire Hose Shop Apron) and a few extra hours in the shop to try it out :>

I like it, BTW. I was afraid it might be too heavy-duty, but I found it quite comfortable. Might be different if your shop is hot - my shop is a marginally climate controlled basement shop (no direct air vents) that rarely gets much over 70deg. The new version with shoulder straps, rather than neck, is quite comfortable.

I've already "worn it in", by poking my marking knife though it, but I'm pretty happy the damage was limited to the apron. :eek: Had to whip together leather sleeves for all the pointy things I want on hand.

Chris

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rec'd a Kindle from LOML. Spent two hours reading in the hammock (one hour of which I did with my eyes closed) and went to a neighbor's house for a cook out. Both girls had to work but called in IOUs.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
got a couple new shirts [much needed] some goodies [not so much needed but appreciated:wwink:] and a new wallet [the old one starved to death] guess I get to starve another.....:rotflm: A day in the shop with Mr. Mills and a nap topped off the day! all in all I guess I was pretty lucky! [or just plain pretty]:gar-Bi

dstrbd488

New User
Chris
I got to spend the day on the beach making sand castles for my sons (1 and 2 years old) to destroy faster than I could get the bucket picked up followed by dinner at rios brazilian steak house at myrtle beach. I would've loved shop time but, hey the shop is there forever and yesterday was the last day they will be that age. I spend 5 days a week out of town so they really seem to get older every time I see them. It's really kind of sad they seem 2inches taller every friday when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS