Faster than a Speeding UPS Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Recently I placed an order with Rockler for some jig parts. A couple of items were back ordered. Original order was picked up by UPS on Wednesday last week. It arrived here on Tuesday afternoon this week. One back ordered item was sent out last Saturday by USPS, and arrived on Monday, the day before original order handled by UPS arrived. Other back ordered item was shipped with USPS on Tuesday of this week, and arrived today. UPS to Apex from Rockler, four days, not including weekend. Add that in and it's six days, USPS from Rockler is second day. I also ordered some vitamins from Bio-Tech in Fayetteville AR on Tuesday, and they also were delivered today by USPS. Because of PROBLEMS with driver not wanting to come this far out, I prefer to NOT USE Fed Ex ground. They swear they can't find me, but on redelivery a couple days later, they have no such problem. So consider using USPS for shipment, as I find them faster than a speeding UPS truck.

CatButler

New User
Bryan
When I order from Lee Valley via UPS, it takes 25 hours to get from upstate New York to Greensboro, then sometimes 40 hours to get from Greensboro to my house. Drives me crazy.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
When I order from Lee Valley via UPS, it takes 25 hours to get from upstate New York to Greensboro, then sometimes 40 hours to get from Greensboro to my house. Drives me crazy.
I know that feeling About a year ago, I paid EXTRA for expedited delivery on some access doors. They sat in Durham for an exta day because someone forgot to put them on the delivery truck, and then they shipped them to Raleigh, Next day they went back to Durham, and finally four days later were delivered. So much for expedited delivery.

Brantnative

Jeff
Corporate Member
You can request Lee Valley use only your preferred deliverer. I did that because of problems with UPS. Now I only get deliveries with USPS. I don't get as detailed a delivery update but it always gets to me faster than UPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS