Fall Raffle Rules and Mail-in Form

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

I have drafted a set of Rules and Mail-in Form that we can hand out to entrants at the Greensboro Symposium and Klingspor Extravaganza. I've also prepared a poster for display at our booths. In general, the Rules follow our past practices as I detailed in thes earlier thread. I have uploaded PDF versions to the Working documents folder in our Download Library for you to download and review (Poster, Rules and Form). Once we finalize these (Poster by tonight; others by this weekend at the latest), I can print copies to have at the events on my Laser Printer.

I will move these to the "NCWoodworker Related" Download Folder once we finalize them and will include that link in the Rules document at Item 2 for people to download the Mail-in Form. We also need an email address at the bottom of the Rules for people to ask any questions. I've suggested we use info [at] ncwoodworker.net, but we could use something different like Raffleinfo@... if the first email address is already in use. I'd be happy to have it then redirected to my email address at rrpayne@bellsouth.net, but I do want the redirect so I don't start getting lots of spam mail if it should get abused. Maybe I should add that emaill address to the Mail-in Form, too.

Please review the documents and get your comments into this thread ASAP. I'll also need to have the Raffle page prepared for prime time. Thanks.

M

McRabbet

I would suggest moving the Lot 1 text down some. It looks like the Drill Press and Festool are lot one.
I have modified the Poster file to clarify Lot numbers -- I have added Lot numbers with each of the first 7 items which have photos. Thanks for the comment, Travis. The new file will now download.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I am curious about the last sentence. Should prize contributors not be allowed to win? I am just thinking out loud. If a non participant, non member pulls the tickets, what would be the harm? I like the poster by the way.

Last edited:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I think the poster is clearer now.

As for eligibility, I can see both sides. It would look funny say if the manager of Klingspor Raleigh won the Festool or Drill Press, but then I can also see some of the employees of say the Raleigh store wanting to enter/be eligible.

Lastly, I will get the Paypal set up. Tracy, if I give you the code for a paypal button can we get it added to the site for people to buy tickets? Also, can I get a URL for the NCWW logo?

TracyP

Tracy
I think the poster is clearer now.

As for eligibility, I can see both sides. It would look funny say if the manager of Klingspor Raleigh won the Festool or Drill Press, but then I can also see some of the employees of say the Raleigh store wanting to enter/be eligible.

Lastly, I will get the Paypal set up. Tracy, if I give you the code for a paypal button can we get it added to the site for people to buy tickets? Also, can I get a URL for the North Carolina Woodworker logo?

Yes I can get the button added, I think the logo is in the download library. If not I will find it for you.

TracyP

Tracy
Travis, you can right click on the Logo and save the image as. Then open it in a suitable picture manager. I have sent a pm to Steve asking for a copy of it. I remember a thread not too long ago where someone needed the location, and Steve provided it. I have searched for that thread with no luck. HTH

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have the logo, I need a URL for it according to paypal. I will see if I can get the link to the one in the download library or photo gallery to work.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
OK, I have a logo to work with.

I have also sent Tracy the source code for a button to buy raffle tickets. I would suggest we set up a button on the site for members to buy raffle tickets directly. Thoughts?

M

McRabbet

Travis, when you say a "button", I assume that you mean a single click entry like our "Donate to NC WW" entry on the top menu bar. I think it is a great idea and that will make it easier for anyone to enter. It could even be added sometime late this weekend and link to a page with a temporary message stating something to the effect "This page will be activated when the Fall 2009 Raffle begins -- SOON! We promise it will be the best ever!" It should be easy to just substitute the correct page into the link when we make the announcement next Monday.

I am going to the printer with the current poster uploaded to the website -- each photo is now identified with a Lot # and the Drill Press is about 15% larger than it was. You will notice that I do not have the opening date on it because it is immaterial after we start and it gives us a grace period of a day or so if Tracy or Travis need some extra time.

TracyP

Tracy
I will have the button up by Sunday. Any ideas as to the best place for it. It needs to be completely visible above all other content without being distracting. I am searching for ideas. I have actually thought about a tombstone type addition to the sidebar ads. We have some extra real estate available to us now thanks to Jim. We could also create links in the "upcoming events" section that guide users to the link to purchase raffle tickets. Lots to think about here.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I can see putting the raffle button under the shop category. I would think (just my opinion and subject to whatever someone else thinks as it doesn't matter to me) that we would want the rules and/or the "poster" along with the button.

M

McRabbet

The Raffles are our biggest money makers, so I really think we need to place it where it will enjoy the best visibility. It won't draw as many eyes if it is under the Shop category. I'd like to see a new box just above the Flash Chat Box that has Fall Raffle at the top and then four radio buttons or links for 1) Buy Tickets, 2) Mail-in Form, 3) Prize Summary and 4) Rules. The words Fall Raffle at the top of the box could link to the Thread we use to kick it off.

A side comment to Tracy -- since this thread is seen only by the BoD, is there any easy way that Jim Campbell can see this? I suspect we may need his help, but I also don't want him to be unable to participate in the Raffle if he wants.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
All in all everthing looks and sounds good.

My only feedback is related to the rules, item's 10 and 11. It would probably be a good idea if the person who creates the raffle tickets was not the same person who pulled the winning tickets out of the hat. Nothing against ScottM - my concern is with a potential appearance of impropriety.

The wording of item # 11 is also a bid kludgy. May I suggest:

Drawing of the winning tickets will be made by Douglas Robinson - President of North Carolina Woodworker, Inc., during a luncheon on Friday November 20th.

I don't think that we need to mention that he will be assisted by anyone.​

Scott​

TracyP

Tracy
The Raffles are our biggest money makers, so I really think we need to place it where it will enjoy the best visibility. It won't draw as many eyes if it is under the Shop category. I'd like to see a new box just above the Flash Chat Box that has Fall Raffle at the top and then four radio buttons or links for 1) Buy Tickets, 2) Mail-in Form, 3) Prize Summary and 4) Rules. The words Fall Raffle at the top of the box could link to the Thread we use to kick it off.

A side comment to Tracy -- since this thread is seen only by the BoD, is there any easy way that Jim Campbell can see this? I suspect we may need his help, but I also don't want him to be unable to participate in the Raffle if he wants.

Rob, that is what I was trying to say :BangHead::BangHead: there is an easy way for me to get this to Jim. I will get this to him.

TracyP

Tracy
Rob, Also, I have control of the godaddy email system so I can do the redirect or create a new email address for you.

M

McRabbet

My only feedback is related to the rules, item's 10 and 11.
The wording of item # 11 is also a bid kludgy.
Scott -- I've corrected these to your improved wording - thanks.

I have control of the godaddy email system so I can do the redirect or create a new email address for you.
Tracy, that's great. Please create an email address raffleinfo@ncwoodworker.net and redirect the mail to me at rrpayne@bellsouth.net.

I will upload the Mail-in Form, the Rules sheet and the Announcement Poster to the NCWoodworker Related Category in the Downloads area today. The Poster will be a dummy and I will replace the file when we make the actual announcement. That way, the locations of the files for the links from the home page will be established. As you can see, I already did the Mail-in Form. Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors