Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Pig Pickin'
Fall gathering in Asheville
Saturday October 11th 2008.

I'll have the gate open by 8:am And lock it by 10pm.
You don't have to come that early or stay that late!
Come together and enjoy some time with your fellow woodworkers.

The food ought to be ready at 1pm.

WNCWA will have their meeting- check their site for time.

We will have some demonstrations and participation activities.
Nothing too strenuous. This is supposed to be FUN.
Hopefully you may learn something along the way.

Directions to the facility are -
I-26 to exit 37 - Long Shoals Road/NC 146.
Turn WEST onto Long Shoals cross the river. (its maybe 100 yards from the interstate).
Drive 1 mile and turn right onto Clayton Road (the first road to the right).
The site is one mile down Clayton Road.
Turn right from Clayton Road into the drive. It will be marked.
I'll send out more information if needed. Please drop a note if I can help you with maps, information, accomodations, or anything else.

I-26 Exit 37 is 3 miles from the Asheville Airport exit, and 6 miles from I-40. Take I-40 to I-26 east.

There is most anything available in the area one might need.
The sites of interest are as varied as your interests.

In the area are some interesting places to visit
- Blue Ridge Parkway
Click here: Virtual Blue Ridge Parkway Guide
- NC Folk Art Center
Click here: Blue Ridge - Folk Art Center
- NC Arboretum
Click here: The North Carolina Arboretum
- WNC Nature Center ( a small zoo of native animals)
Click here: Western North Carolina Nature Center, Red Wolf Breeding Program, Animals in Natural Habitats
- Biltmore House and Gardens
Click here: Visit Biltmore - Biltmore House

Any specific questions or requests, please ask and I'll be happy to see how we can help!
If we can't find it we'll find out who can.

Motels-
Quality Inn 828-684-6688 Long Shoals Road at I-26 - closest one.
(fairly nice place from the times I 've been to calls there.)

Airport Road and I-26 One exit South (3 miles)
Comfort Inn - 828-687-9199
Holiday Inn - 828-684-1213
EconoLodge- 828-684-1200
Hampton Inn - 687-0806

Brevard Road and I-26 One exit North (4 miles)
Super 8 - 828-670-8800
Hampton Inn - 828-667-2022
Fairfield Inn - 828-665-4242
There are MANY options in the area. These are just the closest.
Also if you're local and would like to help.... :icon_chee
I like the team concept!!
Please check the staff announcement forum and take the poll of how many will be coming. We're getting ready and looking forward to meeting as many as possible!
Many have said they're coming PLEASE DO- but take the poll to help us out...
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f93/may-i-have-your-number-16322/

Last edited:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I would be interested in the gathering in the mountains at any time of the year.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I could do the 4th weekend in September. Leaves should be starting to turn, right?

:wsmile:

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
It's a way off but you can count me in.Any reason to go to the mountains after September 1st is a good reason.To hang with a bunch of crazy woodworkers---Priceless!:eusa_clap Bring your Visa:gar-La;

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm not sure you will need space for 200 but a weekend in the mountains might be nice.

J

jeff...

Darth Scroller is right - I LOVE the mountains only thing that would top it off is a pig picking in the mountains or some of Mike's Bambie meat. I will try my best to make it. Please decide on a date so I can mark it on my calender That way I don't get booked for something else.

Thanks man :thumbs_up

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Sounds good to me also. The mountians are a little closer for me. Unless Kyle is going to have the Piedmont craftsman get together.That is if he is still going to have it:dontknow:.

russellellis

New User
Russell
we always need a reason for a trip to nc. especially the mountains. by then we will have a second weimaraner. would either place you know of allow pets? if not, ill make them swanky tool belts and call them woodworker helpers. walking tool chests.

M

McRabbet

Obviously, I'd be interested! I'm sure that many of the members of the Western NC Woodworkers Association (many are members here, too) would enjoy a get together like this, too. Give me a holler, Andrew and perhaps we can work together on a great event.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
A gathering in the mountains in the fall or any time would be great. :icon_thumI am sure you will get some of us Eastner's to go West and Visit you hill climbers. All of us Flatlander's like good cooking, Can you Western Woodworker's Cook? :rotflm: OK I know you can as I have eaten some fine mountain places. Glad you all decided to have a woodworker's weekend. Terry:icon_chee:eusa_clap

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Alrightie then - good start.
October the second weekend.
Still open for a Saturday vs Sunday gathering. No real personal preference. I'd lean more towards Saturday but Sunday is possible.
Will check on some camping. There are some campgrounds available if 'plan A' doesn't work out.

I expect some decent tree color. But I've been wrong before. It should be starting but not quite to peak. With the weather changes - who knows anymore? Last year it seemed to go on forever!
Year before it was "condensed"...

Last edited:

bluthart

New User
Brian
I would be interested in something like this, although it may be hunting season. Let me know when! I could do the 20th for sure.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Andrew,
any chance you could post info about possible accomodations in the area.I'm sure as leave season gets close we won't be able to buy a hotel room and I'm thinking a long weekend would be nice to stay up there instead of driving at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS