Fair winds and following seas

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
Some of you know my wife Alice and I will soon be leaving NC for Oregon and the new adventures awaiting us in retirement. I want to thank the many members of NCWoodworker who have helped and supported me in my continuing journey to destroy our forests with no clear purpose. I've enjoyed the camaraderie, advice and encouragement and will take the lessons learned as I build my new "shop" in the basement of our new house. I've learned that wood, like children, should never be approached with impatience or the need to control. I've learned that health trumps all but love, and outfitting my shop with proper safety tools is the first priority. I've learned never to use power equipment more dangerous than a sander or a glue bottle after having a beer. And I've learned having pursuits outside of my job responsibilities was one of the wisest choices I ever made. I know that my leaving NC doesn't rescind my membership in this esteemed body and for that I'm thankful. I'm sure I'll drop in on occasion between protesting this or that or fighting forest fires, but for now I wish you all the best in woodworking and in life.

Postscript: I may have one last batch of odds and ends to offer for free. Stay tuned.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Enjoy what you do, Dan. Just don't let the following seas over take your stern! ;)

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Safe travels and visit here often, it'll be like you never left.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
NC or Oregon, you're still one of us Dan

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
sorry you gotta go but trust you know what's best. come back often my friend. you're always welcome.;)

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Dan I went from NC to Hawaii ........... but I am here and there is a reason for that.

I used to have a place in Grants Pas, OR I sold it earlier this year. If you do not mind the cooler weather and more rain .......... Oregon is awesome.

cmboggs

Chris
User
Thanks for the advice and miter sled.
Let us know how the new shop comes along.

Safe travels and Godspeed.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Unfortunately, I only got to meet you once, Dan.

Best wishes in retirement. It looks like you'll be really busy setting up in a new place.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Hope you really enjoy Oregon Dan, but if you see smoke starting to come from one of those mountain tops, leave!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dan,
Good luck with your move and I am certain you will enjoy it out there - anywhere you live, you can always complain about something, but I find that reminding yourself of why you moved where you did and what you enjoy reduces the complaints and they have less impact!
As you mentioned - don't be a stranger - we would love to see pictures of your new digs and new gig!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS