Facial Hair and Respirators

tijmt

Jared
User
This was a nice chart I found in an article about coronavirus. It was also entertaining to see all of the names for different styles!

IMG_5011.jpeg

tony_in_wsnc

New User
Tony
I know that shaving my beard off would make for a better seal on my dust mask, but, sort of like Samson, I feel like my woodworking strength comes from my beard and if I shave it off my power will be gone. ;)

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I know that shaving my beard off would make for a better seal on my dust mask, but, sort of like Samson, I feel like my woodworking strength comes from my beard and if I shave it off my power will be gone. ;)
I feel ya on that one

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
There are the Trend Airshield and Airshield Pro style respirators also!

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Way back when I was in the Charlotte Fire Dept. the rule was mustaches only face hair allowed. The SCBA mask must seal when you're in a smoke filled area. CO2 kills, but I don't think sawdust is that big of a problem. I happen to be one of those "face mask, face mask, we don't need no stinking face mask" guys. Yea! I know I might not make it to 100, but what the heck I'm already 80, and still kicking. I do use a Dust-Be-Gone mask on the lathe and with treated wood.

Pop

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS