Faces in the grain

NYTransplant

Tim
Corporate Member
I was bookmatching some walnut today and this set caught my eye. I found three different "faces" in the grain pattern. My wife thought it was a bit spooky when I pointed them out. They are easier to make out in person than in the photo.

FacesInTheGrain.JPG

NYTransplant

Tim
Corporate Member
Found this little demon in some black limba earlier this year.
That's an evil little smile :)

Looks like laminate.

Might want to skip that section if it's for a customer. Might weird people out.
I'm building a couple humidors. I'll keep this one for myself. I don't mind being weirded out, and it would make a great conversation piece.

Hopefully the faces survive final sanding. This little guy started as an evil clown. After glue up and a pass through the drum sander he's just a dude with a beard in sunglasses and a hat
SmallFace.JPG

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I think it's one of those "features" that you don't point out and see if the client notices. Then reply, Hmm...I'm not sure I see what you're seeing....with a snicker! :)

BKHam

Bradley
User
That's an evil little smile :)

I'm building a couple humidors. I'll keep this one for myself. I don't mind being weirded out, and it would make a great conversation piece.

Hopefully the faces survive final sanding. This little guy started as an evil clown. After glue up and a pass through the drum sander he's just a dude with a beard in sunglasses and a hat
View attachment 214965
thats macho man randy savage

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@DKA 's (Kelly's) makes me think of a Haka warrior dance or some Polynesian art

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS