face shield recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom from Clayton

tom
Corporate Member
My face shield finally bit the dust and I need to buy a new one. I'm not really a turner but I have a lathe and use it occasionally but not without a face shield. I'm looking for recommendations for a reasonably priced one. Thanks

Lhloy

New User
Larry
I have both the plastic (I think it's polycarbonate) and the mesh face shields and I like the mesh much better, no fogging. However, the vision is not quite as clear but this has never been a problem. I have never been smacked in the face wearing either one, so I don't know if there is any protection difference.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I have this one, with the antifog shield I believe (was a gift). UVEX Bionic face shield.
I haven't used it much, and have not 'needed it' (i.e. not been hit in the face with a flying chunk), but suspect that the jaw piece will add significant protection compared to an open ended (open jawed) model. Not cheap, not expensive; way less than a significant injury! Worth it I think.

https://www.amazon.com/Bionic-Shield-Clear-Polycarbonate-S8500/dp/B001VXXUWK?

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I have this one, with the antifog shield I believe (was a gift). UVEX Bionic face shield.
I haven't used it much, and have not 'needed it' (i.e. not been hit in the face with a flying chunk), but suspect that the jaw piece will add significant protection compared to an open ended (open jawed) model. Not cheap, not expensive; way less than a significant injury! Worth it I think.

Same one I have.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

+2 for this one. I'm an occasional turner and have been very satisfied w/ it. The head strap adjust easily for different size heads.

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
I have the UVEX Bionic. It replaced a cheap harbor freight face shield, and it was well worth it. Get the one with an anti fog visor.

Adjustable and comfortable. I can also comfortably wear my half mask respirator with it.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
Uvex for me too. I also have a 3M but it is broken. I should just throw it away rather than try to get repair parts. I use it more when grinding metal than turning wood though. the ones with fans seem interesting but I really don't have a problem with mine fogging up since there seems to be plenty of space. I have a bad neck so any gear like this needs to be light weight so I probably wouldn't like the motorized ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS