Eye protection

tdotrob

New User
T.Rob
I'm still learning my turning tools so tonight I searched for videos on "how to use a bedan". Thanks to spell check, the results I got back were videos on the topic of "how to use a bedpan". :eek: Noooooo! Damn you autocorrect! Some things you can't unsee.

So now I'm offering this advice in the category of "eye protection" - preemptively load up your spell check custom dictionary with any woodworking terms it doesn't already know, starting with bedan. Don't learn this lesson the hard way like I did.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
The hard part is finding out where Windows stores it's custom dictionary. If you make a mistake and save one incorrectly, finding it is a bit of a pain.

tdotrob

New User
T.Rob
The hard part is finding out where Windows stores it's custom dictionary. If you make a mistake and save one incorrectly, finding it is a bit of a pain.
Not only that but there are different ones for different apps. Firefox has its own, as does Google Docs. I expect there are lots of other examples. I may have to write a script that keeps them all in sync.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS