EXTENDED GLOAT, "The extra inches sounded like fun too"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
The Jet 1220 VS lathe arrived today along with the 28" bed extension. I have been looking for one of these for quite a while and it seems they are back ordered until April. Redmon machinery happened to have this one as a display unit and I got it for a terrific price as well as on the 28" bed extension. This expands turning between centers to 48". I am not much of a turner, but I would like to turn an occasional leg or small column and I feel that this lathe should fit the bill. I hope no one got the idea that I was referring to the TV ad, from the title of my post.:rotflm:

RON_GASTON_KNIVES_007.jpg

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
You made a wise choice. That's a good little (well, not so little it's pretty heavy!) lathe. Glad to see you turnin' again!

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I never had a mustard colored one. Mine was a green one - General, made in Canada. I posted it on this site sometime back and it sold in one day.

Takarin

New User
Takarin
Excellent tool! Congrats.

It's funny, there was a time when I couldn't see myself every using a lathe. Now, I'm frustrated that I'm stuck with table legs that I don't like - and wanting a lathe!

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Dino, nice score (and nice sawhorse by the way - it looks nicer than my living room furniture!).

Can't wait to see pix of the projects that you make on it.

Scott

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Nice loonkig lathe. Now you need one of these to set it on.:wink_smil

DSC05667.JPG

Last edited:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I never had a mustard colored one. Mine was a green one - General, made in Canada. I posted it on this site sometime back and it sold in one day.

I don't know why I thought PM. General, right...I remember it now. It was a huge beast. I think you made a work area around it to provide a better working height.

Anyway, the Jet looks great.

Chuck

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Dolan, Thanks for sharing. That is one great looking stand/cabinet! I have been thinking along those same lines. What are the dimensions and what type of casters did you use? When you are turning is the weight of the unit still on the casters or do you have a way to put the weight on the legs for more stability. I am thinking of using the Zambus type casters for that very reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS