Expensive bolts (Makita actually)

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
So, I run to Home Despot to pick up $4 in bolts. Sale. Buy two big batteries and another charger, get a free saber saw. Well, that saw was on my wish list to start with, so a pretty fair deal. $200 for 2 5AH, charger and saw. I can sell my Bosch corded to recover some of it.

23tony

New User
Tony
I've found this to be one advantage of curbside pickup.

The disadvantage is that I always end up picking up 3 or 4 orders because "Oh I should get that too" after I place my first 2 orders...

So I guess it doesn't make much difference.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Bosch invented that saw. I have always figured that if you invented the thing you know more about it than other mfgs. and thereby have the best that can be gotten out of that machine.
This is personal with me. For 18 years I worked in TV. Built 3 different operations 2 for city 1 for fire dept. I loathe batteries. In TV everybody has (ever different versions of the same device) a different batterie none of which fit any thing else. The exception was those "brick" batteries you saw hanging on the rear of portable cameras. Those were NiCad and very troublesome, and to add insult to injury those babies cost $600 each. All mfg. were under the impression that their batteries were made of solid gold, and priced accordly. SO! Now you can get my dislike of battery powered tools. Yes, I have 5 batterie machines 3 drills & 2 drivers. That's all I have and all I want. All other portable equipment are corded. I have to admit that all my corded tools have their cords shortened to 6 or 8 inches. I got very tired of untangling cords every time I used a machine. Now there's a 8 ft. extension cord under my workbench and 1 or 2 longer ones (15 to 20 ft.) around the shop. Since putting this power cord system in place I'm wondering why it took so long to come up with the idea. This power cord management system has made me a happy camper.

Pop :cool:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS