Exotic Wood for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Where we at with the Raleigh run and how much do I need to haul back from Kyle's?

Thanks

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Any chance you have any 8/4 hard maple in stock as well?

I am also interested in some 8/4 hard maple (workbench top). I want to end up 3 " thk, 7 ft long x 2 ft wide...42 bd feet but with waste I probably need 60 bd ft.

Depending on Travis Porter's needs maybe we can combine orders.

Kyle what kinda price on 8/4 hard maple?

Chuck

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
all in Raleigh interested in the exotics post what you need soon. The Woodneters and Finewoodworking crowd smell wood blood in the water..

pslamp32

New User
Peter
Anybody in the Asheville area doing a run? I'm definately interested in some of the wide Sapele. Do you offer any milling services Kyle? Not sure how I'd plane a foot wide slab. Also a long board would be hard to fit in the ole pickup unless it was cut down a bit.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
My wife and I took a short road trip yesterday. A 58 mile trip to Iron Station to meet Kyle! Very nice fellow and a bunch of great wood! I forsee that roadtrip becoming more often. And had a great BBQ lunch in Lincolnton! So with the back of my Jeep loaded with wood and my belly loaded with BBQ, I'm a HAPPY MAN! My wife didn't even complain!
Hey Kyle, you got any 8/4 Hard Maple and 8/4 Purple Heart? Figured I might make cutting boards for Christmas using the Wood Whisperer plans. Seems like a good starter project. Let me know and when to pick it up.....
Can't wait for more BBQ and some great wood! :):)
Thanks Kyle!

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin
all in Raleigh interested in the exotics post what you need soon. The Woodneters and Finewoodworking crowd smell wood blood in the water..

Kyle and Jeff,

If there is a lumber run from Iron Station to Raleigh, I would definitely be in for 50-100 ft of 8/4 Jatoba depending on the available board widths. But at least 50 is guaranteed.

I will PM you about the exact amount if the run is on. Unfortunately, I just can't make it out to the west side of NC anytime soon.

Thanks,
Kevin

Rocker

New User
John
Kyle,
I'm sorry to say that I'll have to cancel my order for 75 bf of 8/4 sapele for now. I hope this does not cause you a problem.
Regards,
John (Rocker)

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
No problems..The Woodnetters and Finewoodworking crowd will probably clean me out soon. Really haven't had much response from NCwoodworker crowd which is unusual given the cost of this type of material.

thanks for letting me know.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Thats dependent if and when Jeff is coming this way. I cannot head to Raleigh anytime soon. There is always the possibility of someone heading that way to and from if you want an individual order placed and delivered.

J

jeff...

When do I need to come down and pickup lumber for the Raleigh folks?

Thanks

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
FOR THOSE FOLKS IN THE RALEIGH AREA THAT ARE INTERESTED IN SOME OF KYLE'S GOODIES!!! - I will be making a trip over to see Kyle later this week - either Thursday or Friday (Sept 6 or 7), and am willing to bring wood back to my farm in New Hill (South of Raleigh between Apex and Sanford) for local pick-up. If the demand is great enough, I can take a trailer along and bring back a significant volume...

Please let Kyle know ASAP what wood you would like to purchase, so he can get it laid out for my arrival. I will pay him for the wood, and you can reimburse me when you pick it up.

Kyle, I'd like to purchase about 50 bd ft of WIDE 8/4 Sapele, and another 50 bd ft of WIDE 4/4 Sapele. Re the Raleigh area NC Woodworker.net orders, can you keep a tally sheet of who gets what and how much $ so I can keep track of it all?

Thanks much.

Scott

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I will post what people want right here. Let me put together all the request private and otherwise and will update this evening.

Thanks

Kyle

JusticeFan23 30bf of 4/4 Tigerwood
20bf of 8/4 Purpleheart
20bf of 4/4 Purpleheart

Turtlewood 50bf of 8/4 Jatoba

Travis Porter 40bf of 8/4 Purpleheart

SCSmith 50 BF of 8/4 Wide Sapele
50 BF of 4/4 Wide Sapele

cskipper

Cathy
Folks, we went to Kyle's this weekend. He always has spectacular wood, but that tigerwood is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a board that was 14-15" wide, 10' long and I think 5/4 thick (yes, I realize John will really be the one that uses it - but at least it will become something in the house). It is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!! We also bought a smaller piece of bloodwood and a couple of other pieces of wood (don't you hate it when you can't remember names of wood????) and a piece of that burl as an incentive to start turning again!

We had a great visit with Kyle in addition to getting the great wood. I took a couple of pictures with my phone and haven't uploaded them for the required proof. I just wanted to encourage folks to not pass up on that wood.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Travis, I'm headed over to Kyle's on Friday. If you'd like me to bring some lumber back for you, contact Kyle NLT Thursday and have him lay out what you need and I'll bring it back to New Hill. You can pick it up at my farm (in between Apex and Sanford off of US1).

Scott

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Mike, I need to confirm with Kyle, but it looks good on my end (and was good on Kyle's end earlier this week).

It will be mid to late afternoon (somewhere between 3 - 5) before I arrive, so rather than using up an entire vacation day, perhaps you can bug out a little bit early on a Friday afternoon and save the vacation day for family?

Scott

Touchwood

New User
Don
Kyle,

Please put me down for 100 BF of 8/4, and 25 BF of 4/4 Purpleheart. I probably want stuff in the 6"-8" wide range...but if it goes to 12" on the 8/4 material that's OK. It would be nice if you can find boards with interesting figure...I'll probably build a rocker with it.

Scott , if you can pick it up tomorrow that would be great. Maybe we can swap out the 8/4 walnut. I'll wait until you get back to bring it down.

Take care,

Don

"Law of the Telephone:
When you dial a wrong number,you never get a busy signal":lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors