Exotic Scraps needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey all,

I'm looking for smallish scraps from 1/4" sqaure by 12" long of various exotic hardwoods that are colorful (looking for Purpleheart, Yellowheart, Bloodwood, Padauk, etc.). This is for Jewelry for the LOML, and family gifts. I can also use scroll saw scraps, 1/16" x 1/4" x 12"....1" x 1" x 12", Etc or anything that can be glued together to get those dimensions

I can also use larger dimensioned pieces.

Maybe we can work something out/trade? I have plenty of Mahogany, Clear Cherry, Walnut, and Alder in 1" x 2-4" x 12"

Thanks to all very much in advance,

Matthew

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Re: Scraps

Matthew,

You might want to update your profile.

Matthew from
Goldsboro, NC

Newer folks don't know about your move.

Regards,

bobby g

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Re: Scraps

It might help if you specify thickness and widths.

I can use anything from 1/4" squared from 2" long to 12" long for the smallest pieces. Then anything that would fit in a priority mail mail box of 12" x 12" x 5" deep.
1/16" x 2" x 12"......1" squared x 12" long.... 1/2" x 3" x 2" to 12" long. Odd shapes that would have any of those sizes or can be glued together to make those sizes. Jig saw scraps that have enough for a round, oval, or straight shape.

Matthew,

You might want to update your profile.
Matthew from
Goldsboro, NC
Newer folks don't know about your move.

Regards,

bobby g

Bobby,

In the system, it has me listed at my Utah address with a Utah zip code. The edit options says eastern time, which I have tried to change but say I am not entering the "Where does wood come from" correctly.???

So in my signature I put that I am from logan, Utah and a USU Student to help the confusion. Guess it didn't work as well as I would have hoped.

I have plenty of Clear Cherry, Mahognay, Walnut, and Alder if anyone want to trade a priority box for their scraps of exotics.

Thanks again~!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Re: Exotic Scraps

Thanks Mark,

Those are some bigger pieces, which I can use and many other can use for bottle stoppers/pens, but I was looking for smaller scraps. Cook Woods $29 13lb grab bag is good until the $20 shipping is added for $50....Ouch...

I'm willing to send a BIG priority box of larger stuff for Bottle stoppers, pens, etc in Mahogany, Walnut, Clear Cherry, & Alder for a small priority box of Exotic scraps.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
If you go down the page there is a 5lb, 1.5-3" selection for $29 and free shipping.

I just paid $30 for a small flat rate box full of Mad. Ebony, African Blackwood, Pink Ivory, Brazilian Rosewood, Snakewood, Cocobolo, etc offcuts from a Luthier. I plan to use them for inlay and Guitar/Uke tuner buttons. When the stock is selling for $50-$100/bf there's no such thing as cheap scraps. If I would bag the sawdust I'm sure someone would buy it.:gar-La;

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
I might have some purpleheart I can send you Matt. I'll look when I get home tonight.

Can you mill larger pieces or are you after 1/4" x 1/4" x whatever?

C.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I might have some purpleheart I can send you Matt. I'll look when I get home tonight.

Can you mill larger pieces or are you after 1/4" x 1/4" x whatever?

C.

Chris,

That would be great. I can mill/dimension the pieces to the size I need. so that would be GREAT~!

Thanks,

Matthew

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Send me your addy and I'll load ya up ole bud :gar-Bi got a ton of it (well almost) :wink_smil PH,BW,padauk an maybe some other stuff.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
PM me your address Matt - I have a little I can send you - just a few small pieces, but you will make better use of than I (been laying around for years :cool:).

C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS