Excited to be Here

OldManK

New User
Kyle
Hello fellow NC Woodworkers!

My name is Kyle and moved to Raleigh about 2.5 years ago from LA. Previously we lived in Richmond, VA and are originally from Ohio.

After renting for the last 15 years we bought our first house and I could FINALLY have a real workshop, which is slowly taking over our garage.

I started woodworking when I was a kid, and actually started a custom furniture/carpentry business in high school. We've moved around so much that it's mostly been random DIY and hand tool projects since then.

We've just renovated our house so now it's on to furniture projects and am excited to have found this community.

Looking forward to connecting with, maybe meeting in person, and certainly learning from all of you!

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Plan to meet us at the Picnic in May at Jordan Lake. More information coming in the next couple of months.

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum Kyle!
What part of Ohio did you live in?
I was in Columbus for a number of years.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome to our sawdust pile Kyle. We have our Raleigh area lunch this coming Fri…Please join if you are able

OldManK

New User
Kyle
Thanks for the warm welcome!

What part of Ohio did you live in?
From Cincinnati. Grew up there and went to college there.

Welcome to our sawdust pile Kyle. We have our Raleigh area lunch this coming Fri…Please join if you are able
Thanks for the invite! Won't be able to make it this month, but found the calendar and will prioritize joining next month.

John Jimenez

JJ
Corporate Member
Welcome Kyle! First bit of advice from someone who started out with wood shop in one stall of a three stall garage and now has all three stalls……..the trick is convincing the wife that it is only temporary:)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
From your intro it sounds like you'll fit right in around here. If you've been 'lurking' here for long you know we like to keep it light and civil. I'm sure you want it that way as it's lots more enjoyable and edifying. We try to take our WWing seriously, but not ourselves. If you make us laugh remember its laughing WITH you and not AT you. Again, welcome aboard.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS