Exceptions to residency requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The current thread by cranbrook and his bird houses, is a great example of why we should make exceptions to the residency requirements. Of course, they should be few and well chosen. Cranbrook was brought in when I closed that other photo gallery so it was just luck that he has brought something unique to our site.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I agree with you Steve. Some things we cannot have rules that are set in stone.

M

McRabbet

I agree with allowing exceptions for members to join from out of state like those that came in under the Photo Gallery "adoption" and consider them very good members. Four or five are quite active. I also agree that folks from adjacent states in "bordering" counties should be allowed as members -- we have several from neighboring SC, VA and TN. Is there a lookup table that limits more distant counties in those states? I suspect not, since only two of the 13 members from TN live in a county bordering NC (two are from the Memphis area). I'm okay with that, but I would draw the line at individuals like our man in Korea (himchage), who really don't meet any of our criteria.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I don't know of any "non-resident" members that are a pain. Eagle fits the close proximity residency requirement :lol::lol: Either they join and fade away, or they participate and are productive members of the site. We have an unusually low rate of P.I.T.A. members, due to an excellent staff, good site policies, and a great membership that shows that decency is the established norm, and not unusual like many other sites.
Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
We've had some exceptions all along, and so far I think it's worked out OK. We have to be pretty careful about that, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors