Email notification

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
I am not receiving any emails telling me that someone has responded to a post that I'm subscribed to. Is this feature not working, or has it been discontinued?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ernie that feature is working. I checked your profile and it appears correct. Did you check your spam fold. These emails are coming from a different IP address hen the prior emails.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
I hoped this solution would solve the missing emails problem for me, but it didn't. I searched the "Trash," "Deleted Items," "Junk email," and Junkmail" folders in both Microsoft Mail and Outlook and found no NCWW emails. Any thoughts on what I should try now?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Barry, you may need to use your provider webmail option and check the spam folder there. I found over 150 in my Gmail Spam folder just now.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Neal, Spectrum webmail, like Outlook, does not have a spam folder, only Junk Mail. Anyway, I checked the webmail junk mail folder and found no NCWW emails. Hmmm.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Nope - I checked my spam and trash folders and nothing from NCWW there. Gonna check under the couch cushions tomorrow.:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Neal, Spectrum webmail, like Outlook, does not have a spam folder, only Junk Mail. Anyway, I checked the webmail junk mail folder and found no NCWW emails. Hmmm.
Barry I double checked your profile and it is setup correctly to send emails.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Barry, are you using an email account that was set up under TimeWarner before Spectrum bought them out? If so, they do have a webmail server you can log into to change the spam folder settings. If so, let me know and I will send you that webmail address.

FlyingRon

Ron
The way the emails are handled has changed with the new site. It used to be that they were sent out directly from our server (which had its own mail system). Now we drop them into secureserver.net (Godaddy) which handles all our email. The change may have caused hiccups in your spam filters, though I don't know why in particular.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Barry, are you using an email account that was set up under TimeWarner before Spectrum bought them out? If so, they do have a webmail server you can log into to change the spam folder settings. If so, let me know and I will send you that webmail address.

Raymond, I do have a TWC email address and still use the old Microsoft Live Mail (POP3) on an older computer. I thought that the new NCWW emails would appear in a POP3 account, but no. Our other computers use either Windows Mail or Microsoft Office 365 Outlook (both IMAP) which sometimes filters more emails than I like. I have logged into our accounts with Spectrum webmail and don't see NCWW emails. I will PM, uh Conversate, the URL for the Spectrum login so you can compare to the URL you have. Conversate - a new verb.:cool:

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I haven't gotten e-mail notification for years, although signed up for it. I am running Linux Mint, Thunderbird, on Spectrum (POP3). Probably the POP3 is my problem. That said, would checking to not receive e-mail notification lessen the load on your system? If so I will do that, as I am used to having to read the threads to see if there were any replies, etc.

POP3 is the only way I can get the e-mail to work, even on the wife's Windows computers.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'm using a Mac with the resident mail program "Mail" linked through our ISP provider, Frontier. Wasn't getting emails either. It turns out that the culprit was Yahoo Mail that was feeding Frontier Mail and then downloading to the mac Mail.

When I went to Yahoo.Mail and logged in there the NCWoodworker Mail was downloaded. If I sign out of Yahoo the NCWoodworker related mail stops downloading but other emails continue showing up.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS