electrician in Wake Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

agrieco

anthony
Corporate Member
I've procured a 220v DC system and need to get some outlets installed. The panel is in the garage, where the outlets need to be- about a 30 ft run through some surface mount conduit should do it. I'm looking for a reasonably priced electrician to save me effort. Anyone have any recommendations for the Wake Forest area? The first quote I got was way more expensive than I expected...I'll do it myself if needed, but prefer the time savings if the price is right.

thanks
anthony

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm looking for an electrician in Cary. It would be nice to have power going to my storage building behind my home, but the calculations I did myself suggested that the cost may make it impractical to do.

AlexSwansboro

New User
Alex
I'm looking for an electrician in Cary. It would be nice to have power going to my storage building behind my home, but the calculations I did myself suggested that the cost may make it impractical to do.

How far is your run from the panel in the house to the shed? Are you going to bury the power wire?

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Alex, those are questions to which I don't know the answer. There may not be enough room in the panel. Or, there may be a run to my storage closet that can be used. Someone who knows the stuff would have to advise me. Burying the the cable is a problem because there is a sidewalk between the panel and the storage building. Again, someone with experience may have a better solution. I'll have to measure the distance. My estimates are not good.

AlexSwansboro

New User
Alex
Alex, those are questions to which I don't know the answer. There may not be enough room in the panel. Or, there may be a run to my storage closet that can be used. Someone who knows the stuff would have to advise me. Burying the the cable is a problem because there is a sidewalk between the panel and the storage building. Again, someone with experience may have a better solution. I'll have to measure the distance. My estimates are not good.

Well I made a run from my house to a garage of about 125'. I got an electrician to estimate the run and it was in the thousands of dollars to bury to cable. I decided to make the run on my own. I did, however, have room in my panel. I would say that is the biggest problem. As far as the concrete, breaking it up shouldn't be too difficult and can be done with a sledge hammer or a rented jack hammer from your rental shop. You can then either hire someone to come replace the concrete, or replace it yourself. Also not a big job. I used youtube a lot for instructional videos on how to do most of what I just described. I also spent a lot of time on the phone with the building codes people asking for help and advice.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Yes, it sounds like a lot of work and expense. Maybe I'll just run a very heavy duty extension cord for now! :)

FlyingRon

Ron
If you dig your own trench (most stuff needs to be down 18" so a little deeper), I bet the electrician's bids will come in lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS