Election Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
238 + years ago a group of brave men met in Philadelphia to serve notice on England that we were an independent nation. In the years following a Constitution was hammered out establishing democracy and over the years the constitution was amended to add voting rights for women and people of color. The right to vote is the greatest gift that we Americans have bestowed upon ourselves but that gift comes with the duty to exercise our rights at the ballot box. Whatever your political leanings please take the time to vote on Tuesday and urge family and friends to do the same. :wsmile:

Drew

Drew Goodson
User
I'm pretty sure the Constutition didn't tie the right to vote to the right to complain (free speech). While I don't want to discourage anyone from voting, I'd prefer people take the time to actually become informed on the issues/candidates before they randomly mark ballots in the name of patriotism.

Glennbear

Glenn
Just a reminder, NCWW rules rightfully do not allow for political discussion therefor I am posting this reminder only as a non partisan "public service announcement". If you have a burning desire to add your own thoughts about politics, politicians or government please feel free to vent to me via PM rather than making comments here. As an engaged citizen and member of one of the political party committees in my county I am an admitted political junkie and welcome such discussion in private.:gar-La;

Glennbear

Glenn
Were you there Glenn? :gar-La;

Nope, that is a collective "we" meaning American citizens. My ancestor did not immigrate from Ireland via the UK until 1830. He was a hat maker on the other side when it started to become known that the mercury used in hat felt processing was causing brain damage so he immigrated and became a carpenter. :wsmile:

Last edited:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
We will vote during the day on Tuesday. Nicest thing is Wednesday, NO MORE POLITICAL ADS! Then we can sit back and enjoy the laxative commercials during dinner again, along with the "sex booster" pills for men. Speaking of which, if one of them works so good, how come they are in separate tubs?

HickoryHacker

New User
Paul
And I am one of those who will be in the polling place waiting for you to show up. We appreciate the early risers and voters to justify our arrival at 6:00 AM. Have to run, time to set up the polling place for tomorrow.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I cant vote here in IL because I have not registered here in IL and am still registered in NC. But I give Fred P permission to vote twice for me in NC :)

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

Bryan S

Bryan
And I am one of those who will be in the polling place waiting for you to show up. We appreciate the early risers and voters to justify our arrival at 6:00 AM. Have to run, time to set up the polling place for tomorrow.

Thank you Paul for being one of the volunteers and helping us with the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS