Easy way to rough up pen barrels

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I just came up with a great idea to rough up pen barrels in a matter of seconds. I'm not sure if this is an original idea, but it is original to me. This is one of my first videos so I stumbled on my words a couple times. I also need to give credit to my daughter Kat for being the videographer on this video. Thanks Kat!

[video=youtube;hzYXRsDuKZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzYXRsDuKZk[/video]

Let me know what you think and thanks for watching.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good idea Mike, I don't know that I have heard of it before and I think both subject and vidiographer did a very professional job! (better than a lot of you tube videos I have seen!

Tat that's a good idea. Not sure why I've never thought of that.

I found it easier since I use the Mandel Saver that made it really easy if you used the mandel with the nut it would not work as well...

but also Kudos to the video.... their was talk about making videos on the the site a bit ago maybe we need a NCWOODWORKER channel and it could be a way to generate income for the site also.... I do not have a computer fast enough to edit video...

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'd just use a piece of 3/8" threaded rod for 10mm sleeves and put about 4 or 5 on it (1/4" does well on 7mm). Jam a nut on both ends and chuck it in the cordless drill. Piece of sandpaper in hand and they're done in a flash.

Flootsie

New User
Milissa
Ah ha! I didn't know to do this at all, and so am grateful for the information AND the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS