East Carolina Wildlife Arts Festival: 2/5-2/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

New User
jay
It's that time of year again where the people in Washington, NC get a little quacky.:gar-La;

The 15th annual East Carolina Wildlife Arts Festival is February 5-7 (Friday - Sunday) in Little Washington.

http://www.eastcarolinawildfowlguild.com/pdf/2010fullcolorbrochure.pdf

In addition to the decoy carving competition there are a variety of other events taking place with vendors on hand from a variety of different areas (carving, power carving, woodturnings, painting, decoys, bird calls, outdoor goods, etc.). There are also some newly added events this year, like for example the nationally recognized Dock Dogs competition.

Ya'll come on out and enjoy the show!

Let me know if you have any questions.
Jay aka "Sully"

Sully

New User
jay
Chris,

Please come by and say hello. I'll be working at the Red Men's lodge with the computer support for the carving competition. Are you competing in the carving show?

Jay

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
And if anyone has time, stop in for a visit. I charge only slightly more to visit my shop! :gar-Bi

1-5_Final.jpg

blkdog09

New User
Chris
Hey Sully,

No I am not competing in the show, my birds are good enough to gun over, not good enough for the tank!

A buddy of a good friend of mine competes, Jim Romig. I am still trying to talk my buddy to enter, he's putting some birds in the Tom's River NJ show in a couple weeks.

I just like to make decoys, hunt them, give them out as presents, or to someone inviting me on a hunt etc....

I actually hunted my decoys this year in North Dakota. I need to pick up a few power carving bits, and look for an eye hole drill bit and other odds and ends.

I also like to see Gerald Putt's artwork......god knows I've dropped some coins on a few of his prints over the years!

I'll definately be in the lodge.......will you be around both days? Not sure if I will come Saturday or Sunday. Saturday if I want to get the pick of litter for wood etc........Sunday if I want to get the deals on stuff nobody wants to haul back with them! :dontknow:

Alan, that is some shop, I would even eat off that floor!

Sully

New User
jay
I'll be there most of Friday for registration, setup, etc. And then all day Saturday and Sunday.

J

Sully

New User
jay
Bumping this back to the top. :wsmile:

The festival is next weekend: 2/5-2/7 :eusa_danc

Ya'll come on down and get a little quacky.

blkdog09

New User
Chris
Great show and nice to put a name with a face Sully.

The dock dogs were a great addition, if it was only a smidge warmer, the wife would have wanted to stay longer!

Sully

New User
jay
It was nice to meet another NCWWer in person

And it was another great show. The carving competition grows a little in size every year. I am always amazed at the level of detail the lifesize decorative divisions have. We also had a good turnout for the IWCA young guns competition, which is only open to carvers < 17. And the dock dogs is a nice addition to the festivities.

UNC-TV was there this year and will be airing a special just before next year's show.

:icon_thum
J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS