DW735 planer blades

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
I use a lot of these blades. Usually just buy on amazon, although occasionally I get a good deal on multiple sets on Ebay. No one really discounts them much I'm afraid.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
It's the old razor strategy - sell the razor with a few extra blades cheap then sock it to em for refill blades. I was with my son at a store not long ago and he called my attention to a package with a razor and 5 blades that was cheaper than 5 refill blades sitting right next to it. Dumb dee dumb dumb... dumb

DavidF

New User
David
Hi David -

Did you ever try the Infinity blades?
http://www.infinitytools.com/products.asp?dept=1345
You talked about them in an old thread.

pete

I did use them for my jointer knives, but these are the first replacements for the planer!! 2 years I think.... Don't believe all you read on the web about the original blades only lasting "for a few board feet" maybe if you take off 1/8" each time, but normally, these seem just fine. And a doddle to set up - or not set up actually..

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I think DW improved the quality of the blades from the originals. I ordered our last ones from Infinity. I think they're a little better blade overall.

M2CW

Glennbear

Glenn
As I recall someone had several sets for sale in our classifieds but I think that was before the classifieds were updated. My latest Infinity catalog lists a carbide set but the price IMHO is obscene. :no:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
As I recall someone had several sets for sale in our classifieds but I think that was before the classifieds were updated. My latest Infinity catalog lists a carbide set but the price IMHO is obscene. :no:

Carbides are out of sight, but, I guess it all depends on how much work you do. I've never found the need for them in the type stuff we plane.

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
I did use them for my jointer knives, but these are the first replacements for the planer!! 2 years I think.... Don't believe all you read on the web about the original blades only lasting "for a few board feet" maybe if you take off 1/8" each time, but normally, these seem just fine. And a doddle to set up - or not set up actually..

Huh...I've had the opposite experience. Even on the new blades I rarely get very far into a project without lines showing up....lots of them. I use the DW strictly for finish planing, and never take off more than .02 in a pass. I still go through a set per project. I'd ditch the thing but the finish when the knives are fresh is unparalleled.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Remember, you can loosen 2 of the 3 DW735 blades and shift each ~1/8in in opposite directions to cancel out the chip. Takes all of 3 minutes. I'm using the Infinity blades but I'm not putting long wide boards through it as a rule. I mainly plane my rough cut pieces and get very long life.

Glennbear

Glenn
Remember, you can loosen 2 of the 3 DW735 blades and shift each ~1/8in in opposite directions to cancel out the chip. Takes all of 3 minutes. I'm using the Infinity blades but I'm not putting long wide boards through it as a rule. I mainly plane my rough cut pieces and get very long life.

Thanks for the tip, I will have to give that a try before I filp mine over. The ridges I am getting are fairly small and this seems like it would work for me. :wsmile:

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
I haven't priced them yet, but I have seen them at Borg. You can get the 10% off Lowes coupon in the 2009 moving guide at the post office and that should help some.

Amy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS