DW735 Balde reviews and sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtdave

New User
Dave
Looking for a good source for replacement blades for my DW 735. Currently using some aftermarket blades purchased for about $60.00. They seem to do pretty good but maybe not as good as the originals.

Does anybody resharpen DW 735 blades?

Saw some carbide tipped blades online but pricey. Anybody have successful experience with these?

Thanks!

paul dyar

New User
paul
I have been using the infinity carbide tipped blades forabout a year. I work with rough cut lumber, so they have seen a lot of boardfeet. They are expensive, but I figured I had carbide everything else why not planerblades. Have also used the Infinity steel blades, no complaints with them.
Paul

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I use the HSS blades from Infinity on mine. They last longer than the OEM for me but I don't plane a lot and when I do I only plane the rough cut pieces I need for the project. IMO the DW735 is not intended to handle bunches of wide 10ft slabs of Oak. As far as sharpening...the DW735 blades are fixed in place vertically in the index pins. If you sharpen them and not take the exact amount off of each blade you will end up with one blade hitting the wood and the others spinning in the air. I know this is a blinding flash of the obvious but remember to flip the blades when one side gets dull/chipped. I've heard of folks forgetting this. The other nice thing is the blades can be adjusted laterally ~1/8" in each direction when you get a chip in all 3 blades in the same place. This cancels out the gap. I know it's a lot of money but the shelix inserts are the way to go if you plan to earn a living with it. It pays for itself pretty quickly if you're a heavy user.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
The dewalt rep that spoke at the Cwa mtg awhile back said if you put a shellix head in a 735 it's likely to burn up the gear box.

I dunno if that's true but it is the company line so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS