DW 735 Planer Dust Port to Shop vac adapter (is there one)

Fred J

Fred
User
I was in HD today and picked up a diffuser for my Rigid shop vac. As I was installing the diffuser on the shop vac I noticed I didn’t have enough space and so I took the adapter off. Later in the day I remembered this post. The adapter fits perfectly on my DW735. There’s no play and it’s very snug. ABDFD315-C72E-4D38-B499-99B7C960F67B.jpeg2D946318-DC2D-46B1-A833-AA02BF71AEA0.jpeg6F0C367D-C0EB-4DDB-95B2-52D28A4CE862.jpeg

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User

What I have now 'works' with and w/o a vacuum running. I was simply looking to see if 'they' made a simple adapter to accomplish (neatly) what Mr. Goldberg and I came up with out of PVC pipe and conduit - for five dollars or so ;)

The chip exit port on the DW735, just above the board exit, makes connecting hose less than 'straight forward.'

The 4" right turn, above looks like an Elbow. A better solution might be a 'long sweep' used in wastewater and sewage systems- but 'they' don't seem to make one to fit with Dust Collection accessories.

Attachments

• 4in Long Sweep.jpg
    4in Long Sweep.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 105

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Idiffuser for my Rigid shop vac. (It came with an adapter) The adapter fits perfectly on my DW735. There’s no play and it’s very snug.

YOU FOUND It! "2-1/2 in. Diffuser Accessory for RIDGID Wet/Dry Shop Vacuums $12.97 Model #VT2525 Store SKU #335112 Store SO SKU #1000707333"

Attachments

• Diffuser Accessory Adapter.jpg
    Diffuser Accessory Adapter.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 135

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
If you just need an adapter , get the od of the pipe (assumed 2.5") then go to a plumbing supply and get a Mission brand no-hub band that has the od. The Mission one have all kinds from cast to cast to terra cotta to copper. Point is there is already a No-hub band that will work. FYI A no-hub is specific to sch 40 or 80 pipe to pipe connection.

djyoungcity

djyoungcity
Corporate Member
I used the PVC Pipe to a Dust Right Dust Collection Bag method. Makes it easy to empty as well.

I had it connected to shop vac originally, but it filled it up so quickly, it made sense to break it out to its own bag. Blower is more than strong enough to get chips into bag.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
The end of my shop vac hose fits INTO the output on the adapter that came with my 735.
I run from outside my 1 car garage through shop vac tubes to a cyclone and then into my vacuum.
There have been occasions when I didn't have the vacuum going BEFORE turning on the 735 and it blew the top off of the cyclone (and sawdust chips all over the garage).

DanR

New User
Dan
I use these things from the big box stores for adapting things to dust collection and shopvacs. the latest was building a gutter sucker so i could avoid the ladder.

1626441632777.png

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS