DW 735 Planer Dust Port to Shop vac adapter (is there one)

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
I was in Klingspor yesterday and took the connector off the DW735 they had sitting in the store over to the bins of DC Adaptors. I spent some time searching for and trying out adapters that looked like they might fit into, over or around the factory outlet piece before asking an employee.

If he was correct, there is nothing that DIRECTLY adapts the DW735 ro a 'standard' shop vacuum (I've a Rigid).

Thought to ask here if there was an adaptor (or combination) that works.

For now, I'm using a piece of PVC I heated up to make it fit

Attachments

• DW735 Port DSCF9606 (2).JPG
    DW735 Port DSCF9606 (2).JPG
    72 KB · Views: 436

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
You would fill a shop vac with one board. You might do better with just a 4 inch hose and a trash can. The 735 has a pretty strong blower in it.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
What Scott said.
This cyclone setup works pretty well for me.
The hose from the side of the cyclone goes to the plainer.
Keeps the shop vac clean. All dust goes in the can.

Attachments

• Shop Vac.jpg
    Shop Vac.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 279

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
It's what I do. Just put a screen or expanded lath on top and it will contain 95% +

Scott is correct this thing has a powerful blower in it.

You would fill a shop vac with one board. You might do better with just a 4 inch hose and a trash can. The 735 has a pretty strong blower in it.

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
Hmmm, our recently acquired DW735 came with an adapter that fits perfectly to our Fein 2.5" hose. Also had one on the 14 year old DW735 that this one replaced. Item I in the diagram from the manual:
1625260701458.png

Last edited:

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
to our Fein 2.5" hose.

RIGHT - I searched for a Fein 2.5" Vacuum hose to no avail. They offer Accessories | FEIN Power Tools, Inc. Vacuum hose Product number: 3 13 45 065 01 0 but it is 1 1/16" Diameter I also found: " SKU FE31345066010 31345066010, Fein Dust Extractor Hose 1-3/8"X 13' $66.69 "

The adapter in the diagram appears to be the same one that came with my DW735 as well as the one I played with at Klingspor yesterday" " I was in Klingspor yesterday and took the connector off the DW735 . . . "

If Fein offers a 2.5" hose that fits that DW735 Adaptor, I could not find it. Then again, why would I want to invest seventy bucks in a Fein hose when I own a Rigid Shop vacuum?

I think the ($1.49) SPLICE CONNECTOR (Woodstock 2-1/2 Inch Dust Collection Hose Splice D4227 SKU: WS-D4227) would fit into (insert) the DW Adapter and into 2.5" I.D. Vacuum hose. However, this would have me discarding the RIGID vacuum hose and purchasing a length of 2.5" hose as well as a fitting for the other/cyclone end.

I'll have to post a picture of my existing solution - day after tomorrow at best.

mgreene93

Mark
Corporate Member
i have one of these bags connected to my 735 without the extra pipe, but this setup looks like a good idea.

Reactions: Oka

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Know anybody near you with a 3D printer?

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Dust Control Flex Cuff with Hose Clamps, 2-1/2-Inch
I watched a YouTube video about it and bought one of these things. Worked fine.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Dust Control Flex Cuff

Yes that is an option - in the Plumbing Department they are called No Hub Connectors.

I don't have a DDD Printer either but figure it could take 24 hours to create the connector shown and a full reel of material. I did the equivalent with a few inches of electrical conduit, a PVC coupling and an old HFT heat gun.

Attachments

• DW735 Port DSCF9606 (2).JPG
    DW735 Port DSCF9606 (2).JPG
    72 KB · Views: 249

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
just a 4 inch hose and a trash can.
The DW735 dust port is less than 3.141 * 1.25" ^2 I am not an engineer, but seriously doubt that a 4" diameter hose would improve things at all.

The outlet is nominally about 2.25" I.D. (or less), but a portion of the area is obstructed by the 'adapter locking mechanism.' The vanes in the adapter further obstruct and diminish the effective outlet area. See pics

Attachments

• DW735 Port DSCF9606 (1).JPG
    DW735 Port DSCF9606 (1).JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 180
  • DW735 Port DSCF9606 (3).JPG
    DW735 Port DSCF9606 (3).JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 172
  • DW735 Port DSCF9606 (4).jpg
    DW735 Port DSCF9606 (4).jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 162

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
(the maximum volume of chips it can produce can overwhelm a 2.5-inch hose)

Well now, the DW735 was designed to work with a 2.5" hose. The Adapter that comes with it allows attaching the machine to a 4" Vacuum System. When I went out earlier to get a shot of the 'adapter*' I use with my Rigid "ShopVac," I confirmed that the output port is significantly less in area than calculating the area of a 2.5" circle would suggest. There is a restriction on the machine (as a consequence of the adapter locking mechanism) before the adapter is attached replete with its six obstructions/vanes.

Apparently, owning a DDD Printer doesn't make you an expert at fluid mechanics (;harles

* Which appears to work just fine even as it effectively reduces the diameter down to about 2.25" enroute to the dust deputy separator between the DW735 and the Rigid 'ShopVac'

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I know you're asking about a simple adapter, but someone on another forum has used the combination below, on his 735, for the past 2½ years:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors