Dust Mask

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
This probably has been addressed in the past, but new and improved items are added daily.
Need advise on mask for sawdust, extended wear, comfort etc. Which one do you use and do you like it? Does it perform as expected?

Echd

C
User
I have the M2 brand masks you can find at most woodworking stores. I won't claim to be able to compare all of them but it seems to work well, is comfortable, and does a good job.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Raymond - All you need now is just to carry some crazy looking bottles and your Neighbors will get nervous. I have something similar.

Last edited:

John Jimenez

JJ
Corporate Member
I use the 3M 6300 half face model with the P100 filters….cost about 34 bucks on Amazon. It’s comfortable and seals pretty good over my gnarly beard.

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
How are you finding the straps on the Elipse holding up. I have already replaced 1 set of them

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was just watching a YT video and he mentioned this respirator:

I have ZERO experience with it, but really liked the "easy-on and off latch

What I really found interesting was his mention of this filter:

He claimed it is much easier to breath through while maintaining filtration, it is pricier, but if his claims are correct, and you don't get respirator fatigue... that means you will wear it more...

mpeele

michael
User
I was just watching a YT video and he mentioned this respirator:

I have ZERO experience with it, but really liked the "easy-on and off latch

What I really found interesting was his mention of this filter:

He claimed it is much easier to breath through while maintaining filtration, it is pricier, but if his claims are correct, and you don't get respirator fatigue... that means you will wear it more...
I also have one of those mask that I use when spraying. I haven't used the 2297 filter but have used 2291s for dust which is the same as 2297 but no carbon. Bag style is probably more confortable than the hard cartage filters but when I'm spraying the bag style don't provide the needed filtering. Can't say one mask is more conformable than the other but I seem to get more moisture build up in the 3M than the Elipse. I think the Elipse exhaust valve works better than 3M. 3M is easier off/on but I never take either off till I'm finished or out of the environment where I need to wear it. Sometimes I wear one for an hour or more. Cost is about the same but the Elipse staps have lasted longer than 3M.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Those respirators are sooooo cumbersome I don't see how you guys use them! And not necessary for ww'ing dust. The elastic on mine needed replacing after a couple years.

RZ mask is a very good, comfortable mask.

mpeele

michael
User
Those respirators are sooooo cumbersome I don't see how you guys use them! And not necessary for ww'ing dust. The elastic on mine needed replacing after a couple years.

RZ mask is a very good, comfortable mask.
I guess it's all in what you are used to. I also have a beard and you can not test the seal with that style. I use petroleum jelly to create a seal which would make a real mess with the fabric covering.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS