Dust Mask? For a Turner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbeach

New User
Mike
I have just got into turning and since I started turning, i have been having terrible sinus problems, sore throats and heavy breathing after each time I turn. I think that I am allergic to something...

I am very sensitive to chemicals and the same thing happens around those...

So my questions is.

WHat is a good mask to use... I have used the paper ones and they dont work.

So anyone with advice, it would be appreciated. Thanks

MIke

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I'm a champion of the Resp-o-Rator made locally by Jim Duxbury.

[YOUTUBE]fR9BAB8k9dI[/YOUTUBE]

I've used one in a 7 hour marathon indoor group sanding session and had no troubles in either dust or comfort.

You do look a little silly, but what dust mask system is going to ever be featured on the cover of GQ?

Courtesy of Woodartz and Bas.....
walnut_dust.jpg

View image in gallery

Jim

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
I'm a champion of the Resp-o-Rator made locally by Jim Duxbury.

I've used one in a 7 hour marathon indoor group sanding session and had no troubles in either dust or comfort.

You do look a little silly, but what dust mask system is going to ever be featured on the cover of GQ?

Courtesy of Woodartz and Bas.....

Jim

What does an outfit like that run? I think it looks cool. Like your in 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea or on one of those space video games.:rotflm:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
For a step up from paper without too much expense, I like the Dustfoe. It's a rubber nose & mouth mask. Seals well, but I am clean shaven, and isn't that hard to get on and off; a couple of straps but they have a lot of elastic and don't need much tension. They use replaceable cloth filters that are rated for fine dust.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Zach, I think you can get a simple one for around $10, just a mouthpiece and filter.

The Full Snork kit with 2 filters is around $50.

Jim

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Also I would ask what kind of Dust collection are you running ? I hope atleast a shop vac if nothing else. It helped me a lot.

Thanks Mark

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Zach, I think you can get a simple one for around $10, just a mouthpiece and filter.

The Full Snork kit with 2 filters is around $50.

Jim

The normal price is $49.95 but if you are discount qualified, you can save 10% ($5.00) at Klingspor.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
For a step up from paper without too much expense, I like the Dustfoe. It's a rubber nose & mouth mask. Seals well, but I am clean shaven, and isn't that hard to get on and off; a couple of straps but they have a lot of elastic and don't need much tension. They use replaceable cloth filters that are rated for fine dust.

It turns out these are no longer made; in fact the listings on eBay are for "vintage". It doesn't seem like it has been that long. Oh well, glad I bought a pack of several filters when I got mine. They are still available in limited supply, but even though I am happy with mine I can't recommend it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors