Dust Collector Shopping

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Starting to look are upgrading my dust collector, and been looking at the Laguna P-Flux line, specifically the P-Flux 3 (3HP, 220V, Cyclone)

My requirements are HEPA filter and cyclone. Want good suction as my primary tool is my CNC and that beast creates dust like crazy.

Any other brands you can recommend?

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
Daniel, I'm a firm believer that the best dust collectors made for small to mid-sized woodworking shops are the Clear Vue Cyclones dust collectors. Their CV1800 is perfect for a one person shop. It's dust separation is superb and it uses very high quality Wynn Environmental filters. The filters are not claimed to be "HEPA", but they are rated for 99.99% efficiency at .5 micron with a MERV rating of 15.

The bigger point is that the quality of the dust separation in the cyclone is so good (due to its tall cylinder design) that very little dust carries over to the filters - so no filter clogging and very limited need for filter cleaning. You do need to have 8' ceiling height for the standard installation, however.

I had a CV1800 in my basement shop and am now installing a Clear Vue CVMAX in our community workshop. The CV1800 is designed for one machine operating at any given time, the CVMAX is designed to allow 2 machines to be operated at a time.

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
While it is a great product, I just want you all buying ClearVue to support the South Carolina economy!!!

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Not picky on which economy, but the CV and Onedia are the champs for standard cyclones. The Harvey is a different beast, but their 3 HP pulls a bit less air, and the bigger one costs a bunch. might look at them though.

I had a Jet 1100 with .5micron canister. Not enough for a table saw, so I have a 5 HP CV1800 on order. Height of the cyclone matters.
One could also put it in a closet and make a door out of MERV 15 filters.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors