Dust Collector setup ideas needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
My goodness, you've gone all out! I just use a simple heavy-duty twist-tie and tie the 4" hose off to the right-side handle. That keeps the hose well out of the way without tieing up any extra fittings. This issue is, IMHO, the only real design flaw in the DW735... I don't know how DeWalt missed that their exhaust location leaves the hose draped over the outfeed table!

I do something similar but I have a 6" hose. I use bungee cords to hold the 6" PVC fitting over the dust port. I used to use the special connector but my DC broke it off before. I've been tempted to cut a 6" hole in the top of the 735 to connect my 6" hose, but haven't had the guts to do that yet.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I do something similar but I have a 6" hose. I use bungee cords to hold the 6" PVC fitting over the dust port. I used to use the special connector but my DC broke it off before. I've been tempted to cut a 6" hole in the top of the 735 to connect my 6" hose, but haven't had the guts to do that yet.

FWIW, unless the booster fan in your DW735 has given out, there really is no improvement to be had with a 6" hose, nor with cutting a large hole in the top of the planer -- in fact I suspect the 6" hose would be too starved for air with wide board to do much good with such a setup. If you had gone with a 4" hose to the DW735's adapter it would not have broken off -- 6" hose is heavy stuff and alot of stress on those parts. You can order a replacement 4" hose adapter from DeWalt for only a few dollars ($6.81 plus shipping) -- if you broke the fan housing then that will set you back $15.62.

The DW735 is probably one of the most well designed portable thickness planer's on the market with respect to waste removal and expulsion. The booster fan alone pretty much does ALL the work, your dust collector, and its hose, need only be sufficient to accept the DW735's blower output. In fact, with 4" hose/pipe the booster fan alone is sufficient to push waste all the way to your DC's waste bin without even powering on the DC -- just make sure all the other blast gates are closed first (or you will have waste shooting out every open blast gate DAMHIKT)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS