Dust Collector Question

jgt1942

John
User
So I just made a purchase. This has been the single most difficult decision in woodworking I have made. You read all the posts and reviews trying to find out what will work for your setup. After several months I just made a call and went with it. By the way, I will have a bag dust collector up for sale soon.
So what did you go with and why? IMHO there are no wrong answers just degrees of correctness. Have you got it setup?

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not setup yet. It’s in transit. I got a Laguna PFlux3 from the Laguna Outlet. I liked some of the features on it like the auto clean. I also was convinced through this thread about getting the hepa filter. I wasn’t really sold until I inquired with the Laguna Outlet and they had this one available. So I figured that was it. I am not sure I need the 3hp but it ended up being cheaper from the outlet then a 2HP. Figured bigger wouldn’t hurt. Should be a big upgrade from my single stage 1.5hp.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Good move on the HEPA. Without it, all you do is collect chips and power distrubute the deadly fines into the air where you will be sure to breath them! Best of luck.

rcarmac

Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
Crossing my fingers it the right choice and will make a difference

jgt1942

John
User
Not setup yet. It’s in transit. I got a Laguna PFlux3 from the Laguna Outlet. I liked some of the features on it like the auto clean. I also was convinced through this thread about getting the hepa filter. I wasn’t really sold until I inquired with the Laguna Outlet and they had this one available. So I figured that was it. I am not sure I need the 3hp but it ended up being cheaper from the outlet then a 2HP. Figured bigger wouldn’t hurt. Should be a big upgrade from my single stage 1.5hp.
Yes 3HP is MUCH better than 2HP.
What was the cost through the outlet?
You will be very pleased with the PFlux 3! I'm excited for you.

rcarmac

Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I hope so. I like what I read and the reviews, but a lot of good choices to pick from. This was mine. The Outlet was super nice and easy. The sales person was directly texting me and sent me actual pics as we work thru the process

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS