Dust collector bags

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
Does any one have a suggestion for what to replace the clear bag on the bottom of the harbor freight 70 gallon two horsepower dust collector with? Mine is getting kind of beat up from repeatedly emptying and reattaching. Thanks in advance

wooduser

New User
Lecil
I use a double clear 42 gallon that I get at Lowe’s. They are thin thus the reason for the double. Single use only.
Lecil

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
I bought some clear bags from Klingspor some years ago, they held up very well, went through a dozen or more empty cycles before I had any issues. I figured they were pretty cheap considering how long they lasted, but they're not as cheap as trash bags. I never really wanted to risk any trash bags, even doubles, due to the risk of blowing huge amounts of dust inside before I could shut down, that would be harder on lungs and clean up than the price of the bags on the pocket.

wooduser

New User
Lecil
Klingspors has good stuff but I decided to use the trash bags as I wanted to dispose of the dust when full and not try to empty the bags since it goes into my municipal trash can. I am careful when changing not to damage the bag though.
Lecil

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
I use heavy duty black plastic 'contractors' garbage bags. I think they are the 3mil Husky house brand from Home Depot.

I have a 2hp Griz DC with a trash can pre-separator.

-Mark

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
I have the 2 HP Grizzly. 20" diameter. I used the bag that came with it [bought used] for over a year. It finally had enough holes even duct tape wasn't helping. The bag, however fit tightly on the DC. I bought some generic 5mil bags on Amazon and I'd wager they are 21 to 22" diameter, even though advertised as 20". Makes it much more difficult to get a good tight fit without leakage.

Anyone else have this issue? Are the Klingspor bags a good tight fit?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS