Dust collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike W.

New User
Mike Weinberger
I'm putting together a dust collector with a 6" inlet and would like to use 6" drain and sewer pipe to run into my shop. It's only a 8/10 foot run from the collector to the hose connection. Does anybody out there know where to buy said pipe in the Raleigh/Wake forest area ? Thanx, Mike W.

Warren

Warren
Corporate Member
I bought 100 ft. of six inch last year at AgriSupply on Rt. 70. Was able to find the plastic wyes on sale at Lowes. They can be almost as expensive as a ten foot section of pipe. Metal reducers and various floor vents (used for dust pickup and equipment hoods) will fit the plastic pipe just fine. One last thing: build your own blast gates and save.
Six inch is well worth the investment in time and $$$$.:thumbs_up
Warren

Mike W.

New User
Mike Weinberger
Thanks for the input, I just needed one section of pipe(which I got in Garner) to get inside my shop and I'll use the 6 to two 4s that came with the unit. I wont need any fittings since I'll move the hose to each machine I hooked it all up this eve. and ran my drum sander inside for the first time. What a pleasure! Thanks again, Mike W.

Coley

New User
Coley Jordan
Well Allan I jointed this blog just to let you know that Agri-supply in Greenville also has the 6" S&D D-2729 as I just purchased 20 feet today and have 60 feet more on order from one of the other stores (no charge for the transfer from another store). Their part number is 10967 and it is stored in the outside yard next to the 4" S&D pipe. Sorry you got took at the John Deere Landscapers but Agri-supply's price is $1.37 per foot for the pipe and they do not carry any 6" S&D fittings.

I have just replaced my Delta dust collector with a 2 hp JDS 2100-CK cyclone dust collector. I am changing the ducting from 4" to 6" and was looking for a good source when I stumbled on this form.

I have been reading a lot of post for the past few days and would like to say thanks for all the good information from everyone even the hill climbers in the western part have had some good ideas.

New kid on the block.:new_birth

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Well Allan I jointed this blog just to let you know that Agri-supply in Greenville also has the 6" S&D D-2729 as I just purchased 20 feet today and have 60 feet more on order from one of the other stores (no charge for the transfer from another store).

Thanks. Good to know. I probably asked someone there who didn't have a clue!

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Coley -- You are right that we've got dust suckers from the high tide line to the Eastern Continental Divide -- Alan is the true expert on the site, but many of us have lots of experience with small to larger small shop solutions. You'll find the most serious of us are proponents of Bill Pentz' website where you'll find a true wealth of information based on his years of research.

We'd like to suggest that you jump over to the Who We Are Forum and start a new thread to introduce yourself. You'll find we are a friendly bunch and are here to help. Glad you found us.

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
I found mine at Greensboro Pipe Company. They have the pipe and all the fittings needed. I forget how much it was, but somewhere around $1 - 1.40/ft. Great place and they had a lot in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS