Dust Collection 4 inch or 6 inch

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Re: Adapter from 7" to 6"

I wanted to amplify a bit on Don's post at the bottom of the first page of this thread. He said:
I contacted Delta in October of 2007 about the DC (Model 50-760) problem, and they told me the requirement is a 20A "Time Lapse" circuit breaker. I contacted Square D and they recommended the HOM120HM high magnetic circuit breaker to solve inrush tripping issue; that it has a higher magnetic pick up point then the standard 1 pole 20A. Note - Square D does not offer hi-mag circuit breakers in the mini-breaker (2 breaker in one slot) size!
The high inrush current on the motor of a dust collector is often the result of the motor having to spin up the heavy impeller -- it takes a bunch of amps to get the motor turning and as Don points out, a breaker with a built-in delay can alleviate the problem -- but it is why I prefer to convert over to 240 V circuits as there is usually a larger difference in trip amps vs startup amps. If you are dealing with a 1HP DC, it is not a problem to stay with 120V/20A circuits, but 1-1/2 to 2 HP units will cause start-up trips more often on standard breakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS