Durham - anyone nearby with a wide-belt sander or lathe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovetailer

New User
Matt
I'm building a drop-leaf table and need some equipment that hasn't squeezed into my garage shop. I need to turn off-center-turned legs and haven't set up my lathe. I have my own lathe tools.

I also need to run three 20" (75" long) wide walnut leaves through a wide-belt sander.

If anyone has a shop with this equipment I can use, I'd much appreciate it. I expect to pay for the privilege.

Please call 919-616-9869 or post a reply if you can help me directly or with a referral.

You can see some of my work here: http://picasaweb.google.com/dovetailer/FurniturePortfolio

Thanks everyone,
Matt

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Matt,

I'm sure there are folks here that have the equipment you need for your project. I looked a the photos at the end of the link from your post and your work is terrific.

It appears that while you joined us a couple of months ago, this is your first post. I'd like to encourage you to post a note to the 'Who We Are' forum to introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your woodworking. And, yes, we do love photos.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I'm not in Durham, but I am not far either. I am towards Wake Forest not too far from Creedmoor.

I have a wide belt sander, no lathe. I stay away from the spinny stuff.

dovetailer

New User
Matt
Thanks for the help with the sander Travis. I really appreciate it. You've got a great shop and a generous spirit.

Happy New Year!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Well Matt, it looks like you found the guy with WIDE belt sander. :gar-La;

Glad you all could meet up and that you can proceed with your project. :icon_thum

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I'm about 15 min from travis and have a lathe if you decide to go there. should be around after tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS