dryer doctors update & ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
7 yr old whirlpool dryer , nuttin' fancy , has worked just fine until this AM when it quit mid-cycle
Completely dead .....will not even grunt when turned on :no:
There's power to the machine and switch ohms out just fine. No loose wires or anything burned or obviously wrong underneath . Belt is not broken Checked door switch .
Motor shot maybe ?
I have a meter and can do basic testing but nothing real fancy
The thing is just dead ......any ideas ? :dontknow: :help:

*Update

Motor is not shorted . all thermostats I could find have continuity . One very small round device located on the back wall does not have continuity ......could this be a fuse or limit switch that is open ? I would assume on a cold dryer this would be closed along with everything else . Schematic shows no " normally open " switches :dontknow:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Re: Any dryer doctors in the house ?

7 yr old whirlpool dryer , nuttin' fancy , has worked just fine until this AM when it quit mid-cycle
Completely dead .....will not even grunt when turned on :no:
There's power to the machine and switch ohms out just fine. No loose wires or anything burned or obviously wrong underneath . Belt is not broken Checked door switch .
Motor shot maybe ?
I have a meter and can do basic testing but nothing real fancy
The thing is just dead ......any ideas ? :dontknow: :help:

I found when when working with appliances a good swift kick almost always makes something happen.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Re: Any dryer doctors in the house ?

IF you can get a pair of Mark2 eyeballs on motor, check to see if it has a thermal reset button and if so reset it. Also check for loose or fallen off ground wire

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
7 One very small round device located on the back wall does not have continuity ......could this be a fuse or limit switch that is open ?:dontknow:

Yes. Just about all electrical devices that have electric resistance heat have a thermal fuse. Fortunately they are pretty much a standard item at HVAC supply houses, etc. The last ones that I bought cost me more in shiping than the fuse itself.

From memory, most of these things look like a small round piece of ceramic (around the OD of a nickle), with a resistor on them an a couple of spade terminals, along with a metal tab for bolting it in place.

They usually are wired to a contactor somewhere in the equipment that kills all the power, or at least the power to the heat strips.

jerrye

New User
Jerry
I'd try Cash's Appliance Parts. They're off of Old Wake Forest between Atlantic and Millbrook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS