Drum sander

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that you can't seem to find drum sanders new or used, anywhere? I have saved up my money and I am ready to spend a couple of thousand dollars or so, but it looks like it will be March before I can get one delivered new, and the prices for a good used one is almost the same as new. I can't decide whether to bite the bullet and wait on a new one or try to keep looking online for a used one? Anyone have any ideas or comments?

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Check Grizzly,com Biggest problem right now is shipping the shipping system is totally jacked by the reduced airline traffic, a lot of cargo goes on those planes so now it has to go by other means.

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just saw a Supermax 19-38 listing on Facebook for $1300

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
I got mine used from a member on here about 4-5 months ago, a Supermax 25-50. For a short time around then, it seemed there were a lot of them popping up. I think it just ebbs and flows. I remember having a friend bid on one at auction for me. A very used Performax 16-32. It ended up going for $975, which was waaaay more than I wanted to spend, and more than it was worth given the condition, and that a brand new one is not that much more. Drum Sanders are high demand, so when they pop up, they don't usually last that long unless the person is asking way too much.

As for new, it appears that the Supermax 19-38 at Woodcraft will ship on Jan 15th. Looks like all the others show as backordered.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
You just have to be patient. I posted six of them over the past year from Craigslist on "Found for Sale/Hot Deals," mostly in the $400-700 range and 16x32.

craftbeerguy

Craft Beer Guy
User
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that you can't seem to find drum sanders new or used, anywhere? I have saved up my money and I am ready to spend a couple of thousand dollars or so, but it looks like it will be March before I can get one delivered new, and the prices for a good used one is almost the same as new. I can't decide whether to bite the bullet and wait on a new one or try to keep looking online for a used one? Anyone have any ideas or comments?

I just picked up the only Supermax 19-38 from Klingspor on Monday. They claim to have another one in Asheville.

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
Don’t want to side track this, but I was at Klingspor Cary a couple of days and was surprised how low the machinery section was

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
GONE

Voila...

Drum sander - $500 (Wallburg)

1609718373305.png

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS