Drum sander feed belt

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I just purchased a Delta X5 18-36 drum sander. The feed belt is a little worn and I would like to replace. Called WW supply, not available. Where is the best place to obtain a replacement. Also, how long do these generally last, should i order a couple just to save shipping in the future.

Thanks for comments.

M

McRabbet

A replacement conveyor belt is less than $20 through your local DeWalt/Delta Service Center. I believe you have a Delta 31-255X and need Part number 31-814 (Item number 24 on the parts drawing found in this link). There is one located at:

DELTA | PORTER-CABLE/DEWALT FACTORY SERVICE #071
3402 WEST WENDOVER AVENUE
GREENSBORO, NC 27407
US
336-852-1300

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Also,

If price prohibitive with Delta, try: Klingspor's. I attended a TWA meeting (Triangle WW'rs Assoc)

in which the guest speaker was the VP of Bus Dev/Marketing.

He mentioned that if they dont carry one in stock, they can make to order. He said the cost is not prohibitive and they make some awesome sandpaper!

Matt

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I had a performax for 10 years and never had to change the feed belt. I would stick with just getting one.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Just had to replace my Performax 22-44 belt. I placed an order with these folks. http://www.industrialabrasives.com/ I paid $20.00 for mine.

Only catch is you have to purchase two. At the price, it's hard to beat though. You will need to measure your old one and give them the width and length. I don't remember the lady I talked with but good folks to deal with.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS