drum sander advice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike W.

New User
Mike Weinberger
Does anyone have thoughts on a benchtop drum sander.I'm not looking to sand table tops so I'm looking at the Performax 10" The price is right and portability is important, small shop of course. Thanx for any advice Mike W.

Nativespec

New User
David
I would not buy one as small as 10". I have the 22" and would not buy the 16". Now I find myself not using it for tabletops since I end up taking way too much thickness off due to the nature of wood not being flat.

David

gazzer

Gazzer
Corporate Member
Last year I picked up a used Ryobi 16-32 and use it all the time. It came with a stand that takes up a lot of space, but you could probably use it as a benchtop machine. It weighs a lot more than you would want to be moving around all of the time. I rarely do very wide things either, but occasionally it is great to have that extra capacity. Also, sometimes I will feed wood on the diagonal which takes some extra width. The 16-32 requires darn good dust collection to save your lungs and also to prevent the paper from loading up. I am not sure that a shopvac would cut it so if you don't have a good DC system, the 10-20 may be your best choice.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Thanks for the plug Mike Davis. Mike W. if you're are tempted, you are welcome to come by and check it out.

Doug

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Reggie:

I have been losing weight for the last six months so I thought I was looking less like Tony. Besides I have always liked Marvin. I am saving up for an Illudium Space Modulator!

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS