Dropped my Smoothing plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
I accidentally dropped my smoothing plane. The lever cap broke. It's a Miller Falls. Any idea where to pick up a replacement?

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Or next time you're in the area, go by the tool store above The Woodwright's Shop in Pittsboro. Ed probably has one.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
You could probably use a lever cap from any Bailey or clone of the same size. Unless it was the hinged, two piece lever cap and/or you want to keep it original.

I have a few Stanley lever caps sitting around in a drawer. Let me know if you can use one to get you through until you find a replacement.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
It was hinged two piece. I do want to keep it original. It cuts very well and it's a pre-WWII type II. I like it alot. I have seen the ebay ones. Look like I will have to bite the bullet and buy from ebay.

You could probably use a lever cap from any Bailey or clone of the same size. Unless it was the hinged, two piece lever cap and/or you want to keep it original.

I have a few Stanley lever caps sitting around in a drawer. Let me know if you can use one to get you through until you find a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors