Drill Guide Countersink

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmart

New User
Troy
Saw this infomercial on TV the other day, and didn't write any info down about it (my mistake). Now I'm intrested in buying one, and can't find it on-line (or anywhere).

Anyone see the infomercial or have any info that may help me?

The guide looked like a plastic 1X4, with 2 holes to guide a drill bit - to drill a counter sink holes at like a 45 degree angle. Seems like the kit came with the bit, the guide and a bunch of screws....

Any thoughts? Or should I post this in a different forum area?

T.

tsmart

New User
Troy
I think that is it Mike. I didn't think it was quite as pricey though (my memory isn't what it used to be).

Any suggestions for a cheaper type, for a weekend wood worker? If not, I'll go with that one (even though the project I am working on, wouldn't cost me quite as much to outsource it).:mrgreen:

Thanks,
Troy

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Kreg is the Cadillac. Try searching "Pocket Hole Jig" and the price falls. The ~$40 R3 Kreg set is very nice for the money but I've seen generic sets for ~$20 if you look around. Of course the drill bit is going to break w/the cheap sets so find one with a replacable center bit.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/pockethole_jigs.htm (free shipping if you enter MAR09 at checkout today) has a good assortment.

tsmart

New User
Troy
Kreg is the Cadillac. Try searching "Pocket Hole Jig" and the price falls. The ~$40 R3 Kreg set is very nice for the money but I've seen generic sets for ~$20 if you look around. Of course the drill bit is going to break w/the cheap sets so find one with a replacable center bit.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/pockethole_jigs.htm (free shipping if you enter MAR09 at checkout today) has a good assortment.

Thanks for the tip. I do see a LOT of options now.

Thanks for your help. :banana:
Troy

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
When you decide to order please click on one of the ads here on the site. We get a small credit for that. :eusa_danc

tsmart

New User
Troy
When you decide to order please click on one of the ads here on the site. We get a small credit for that. :eusa_danc

If i order on-line, I sure will.

I'm going by Lowes after work, to see what they have. Might save me some shipping....

Thanks again guys, i appreciate your help.

T.

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Oh my goodness - there are other manufacturers of pocket hole jigs.

Last fall I had seen the kreg jig infomercials - which made me go searching for other options - and I never found them. Held a short discussion with my circle of friends - nothing much merely commented on Kreg being the only thing I could find - and poof! I get the $40 kit for Christmas!.

Now, I have to find something to build with it.

tsmart

New User
Troy
T - I have the Kreg Jig and it works great. You can't kill ducks with it though...
What's up dude!
But..... What I am building will. :banana:

Here's a pic of a mag cover, of one of Nick Sapone's Canvas Canadas...
NickSaponeGoosePattern1.jpg

Here's the framing I am working on for my spread...
CG4.jpg

Bought the smaller Kreg Kit at Lowes yesterday afternoon ($42 w/ tax), to help hold the center board to the bottom board.

Here's my work from last night, with the new guide....
CG5.jpg

Old School decoys - Ya can't beat 'em! :eusa_danc

T.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Cool lookin' dekes, Troy! What type of ribbing do you use across the backs? Is it wire or wood??? Got any pics?
Keep up the great work...

Thanks

tsmart

New User
Troy
Cool lookin' dekes, Troy! What type of ribbing do you use across the backs? Is it wire or wood??? Got any pics?
Keep up the great work...

Thanks
Galvanized 12 ga. Wire..

It'll look similar to this one....
CG9.jpg

Here's an OLD Ned Burgess frame (no support across the back)...
NedBurgess.jpg

Back in the hay day of Market Hunting.... the decoy makers would scroung what they could find to use. After hurricanes, they would go find parts of boats (juniper) for the bodies.... Cedar telephone poles for heads (and solid body decoys), copper wire from the electrial/phone lines to use for the wire frames, and old canvas sails to stretch across the frames, then paint to look like what ever species they were mimicking....

Real cool folk art, so decided to give it a try myself..... (cheaper than buying them - new ones range around $150 for a goose). :icon_thum

Plan to make at least 12 to hunt. Maybe more later....

T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS