dried poplar(1.80 bdft) not dried 1.45 bdft, fresh cut red cedar(1.80 bdft).

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Not mine!

dried poplar(1.80 bdft) not dried 1.45 bdft, fresh cut red cedar(1.80 bdft).
have logs that have yet to be milled. red oak, white oak, hickory, ash, pin oak ,cedar.
have dried pine at 5/4 and 2 inch!

rough cut milled lumber (portable saw milling available)

Jim - if this is the same Dave I know in Youngsville, He's a great guy. Plus he's a certified forester, fully bonded and insured with all the heavy equipment to remove the biggest of trees. The phone numbers don't match and I thought he had enough work to keep him busy for like 5 years. I'm not sure why he would put an ad in CL, so might not be the same Dave after all.

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
My dovetails are from Dave's poplar. I made a large purchase: two boards, $21. He's got the poplar stickered in his garage. I asked about the other woods, and there was none to chose from. Dave's a great guy at 109 Watkins Farm Road in Y'ville. He's got a W'Mizer and he sawzupstuf and buildz things.

Not that it's Dave's fault, but my VERY FIRST dovetail project was interrupted by a piece of poplar that decided to POP. It is, after all, POPlar.

Liriodendron tulipifera

Oh, yeah, in addition to woodworking, I've been learning botanical names of plants for the last fifteen years. Nice things to throw out at a Christmas party when you know what ilex is.

However, without the leaves, I can't tell oak from pine.

Last edited:
J

jeff...

My dovetails are from Dave's poplar. I made a large purchase: two boards, $21. He's got the poplar stickered in his garage. I asked about the other woods, and there was none to chose from. Dave's a great guy at 109 Watkins Farm Road in Y'ville. He's got a W'Mizer and he sawzupstuf and buildz things.

Not that it's Dave's fault, but my VERY FIRST dovetail project was interrupted by a piece of poplar that decided to POP. It is, after all, POPlar.

Liriodendron tulipifera

Oh, yeah, in addition to woodworking, I've been learning botanical names of plants for the last fifteen year. Nice things to throw out at a Christmas party when you know what ilex is.

Nope not the same Dave, he's on fire tower road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors