Dressing Blade Clamp Screw on DW788

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I experienced a lot of blade breakage on my DW788 awhile back. The blade clamp screw must be flat to work correctly, and my attempts at hand dressing them just wasn't good enough. I found a quick and simple way to accomplish this task. I took a piece of hardwood, approximately 1/4" thick. The piece can be any width, but my piece was about 1" wide, and any length, mine being about 4". The Dewalt blade clamping screws are 6mm as I recall. Anyhow, I drilled a hole somewhere near one end with a #4 drill. This allowed me to screw the 6mm clamp screw into it and portrude about 1/8" on the opposite side. All egdes of the wood should be squared for this to work. I made sure the table on my disc sander was 90 deg. to the disc and it was a very simple task to dress the screw end. It was easy to see how square I was to the disc, thus ending the blade slippage, and frequent blade breaking I had been experiencing.
OK, coffe breaks over--back to the sawdust pile!:saw:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Proves that jigs do not need to be expensive or fancy or complex to be effective. Nice tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS