Dremel 1672 Scroll Saw

wbarnes

Will
Corporate Member
Does anyone have any experience with this saw or can make a recommendation for purchase? The one in the picture below is for sale nearby and looks to be almost new. I doubt I would ever use it for serious scroll saw work; it would probably only be used occasionally for making small templates and such in place of a bandsaw since there isn’t enough space in my shop for a bandsaw.

Attachments

• 3D5E96C6-90A9-4685-98E9-8DFFF6EE3437.png
    3D5E96C6-90A9-4685-98E9-8DFFF6EE3437.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 104

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I have not used it. Does it use pin end blades? Does it use adapters for plain end blades? What is the asking price? Does the arm raise for blade changes?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
That is a very old saw. Thinking it sold for under $150 when it was new and even back then it was considered a low end machine. Might be worth $25-$30 but not much more than that.

wbarnes

Will
Corporate Member
Thanks for the replies. I know absolutely nothing about scroll saws so this will all be a learning experience. They are asking $60. Sounds like it may not be worth it.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Thanks for the replies. I know absolutely nothing about scroll saws so this will all be a learning experience. They are asking $60. Sounds like it may not be worth it.
I would not pay $60. If it takes pin end blades, I would definitely pass. I bought 3 “cheap” saws before I got smart. You are welcome to come here to try mine.
I can even give you a short lesson. I just found one on EBay for $20. Free shipping!
PASS IT BY!

wbarnes

Will
Corporate Member
I have decided to pass. Pop-pop has offered me his old scroll saw and I have taken him up on it, to be picked up in a couple weeks. Thanks again for the help.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Scroll on! FYI the next scroll saw club meeting will be Sunday, January 1 from 2 to 4 pm at Klingspor’s in Cary. :)

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
NICE!
That is a good start Will - pretty soon - when you find out if you like it, you can always upgrade saws - patience finds them on the secondary market.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS