Drawer slides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Where is the best place to purchase Blum (or good equivalent) slides? I live near Goldsboro, so Raleigh is about as far as I would road-trip, but have no problem purchasing on-line.

LOML has me building her a roll around cabinet/island for the kitchen. She has seen the wooden drawer Rev-a-Shelf type pull outs and really would like something of that nature. Based on that, I will be needing some good slides for this, and am thinking maybe the Blum slides are the way to go. May also be retrofitting some of the existing base cabinets. This will not be a stock size cabinet, so purchasing something already constructed is probably not a player.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Go

JohnW

New User
John
Mark,

Wurth handles Blum, Knape & Vogt and Rev-a-shelf. They have a place in Raleigh.

I use Blum for hinges and Knape & Vogt for slides. K&V has an "RV" slide that stays shut better when RV is rounding corners. Not sure if this applies to a mobile island but if your wife is a wild driver...:rolleyes:. Actually I use their soft close slides and think they have the best bang-for-buck value. I believe it's their 8400 or 8500 series.

Blum has a mfg plant just outside of Charlotte NC and K&V is a Michigan based mfg. Both USA made and both make high quality hardware IMHO.

If going to Wurth, I'd recommend calling in your order and only making the trip when they inform you everything is ready for pickup. If not in stock, they typically can get it in 1-2 days. All are available at many on-line retailers.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
The prices at Wurth for Blum seem really good to me and on my last order I discovered that they have a flat rate shipping program that saved me a trip to Raleigh.

bobby g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors