Drawer slide set back from front of cabinet?

tonyps

New User
Tony
Evening, I purchased a number of Knape/Vogt drawer slides, KV TT100, 22" for mounting in our kitchen cabinets. I cannot find anywhere the setting for how far back from the front edge of the cabinet these are to be set? Our cabinets are frameless style and the "false" drawer fronts will overlay the front of the cabinets. I have read all I can find on these but nothing jumps out at me for this setting? Hope that is enough info.
Your assistance is always greatly appreciated.
TS.

tonyps

New User
Tony
Evening and thanks for the reply. I should have added in my initial post that that is what I was considering doing. I read way more than I wanted to on various blogs and DIY sites. I think about ~1/16 is what I was going to go for unless someone here had better insight. I made a small spacer block to place between the end of the slide and the cabinet back to keep things consistent. Hopefully this will do.
Thanks again for your assistance.
TS.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
1/16 is about right. These things are not very demanding, if one is 1/16 more or less than another you won't notice.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
The cad drawings I have in my software show 1.375" from the front of the cabinet to the center of the first hole

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
This is probably in your instructions but use two vertical slotted holes for either cabinet or drawer and the horizontal ones for the other component. Then adjust up/down or in/out. When satisfied, go back and put in a few screws in the round holes to anchor. Also, when building the drawer boxes, it is better to err on the side of having the box a little too narrow than too wide. Much easier to shim the slides than sand down the sides of a drawer. Not that this has ever happened to me. :)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS