Downsizing

old-delta

New User
Wes
So the time has come to downsize. Giving up my 1,200 SF shop and moving to a smaller house. With that I sold my PM1000 Powermatic saw. Never been a fan of big box tools but did some research in Contractor saws. Ended up purchasing this gem. Dewalt
(DWE7491RS).
20210226_151425.jpg

Hmerkle

Hank
Corporate Member
So the time has come to downsize. Giving up my 1,200 SF shop and moving to a smaller house. With that I sold my PM1000 Powermatic saw. Never been a fan of big box tools but did some research in Contractor saws. Ended up purchasing this gem. Dewalt
(DWE7491RS). View attachment 200256
That will be a CHANGE! I am interested to see how you like it (get used to it). It is direct drive, right?

old-delta

New User
Wes
That will be a CHANGE! I am interested to see how you like it (get used to it). It is direct drive, right?
It is direct drive. I must say I.m impressed with it. Mind you it's no big saw but actually quite powerful. Rips a 2x4 pretty easily. Also will take a stack Dado. That'll be the real test.

Hmerkle

Hank
Corporate Member
It is direct drive. I must say I.m impressed with it. Mind you it's no big saw but actually quite powerful. Rips a 2x4 pretty easily. Also will take a stack Dado. That'll be the real test.
That is great - I am not looking forward to the downsize day... but know it is coming sooner rather than later! Thinking to head more toward hand tools, but there are a few things that I think would be helpful... bandsaw, Table saw, planer and maybe a drill press... with patience you can do most of the rest of it...

Can't wait to hear your "official" review...

old-delta

New User
Wes
That is great - I am not looking forward to the downsize day... but know it is coming sooner rather than later! Thinking to head more toward hand tools, but there are a few things that I think would be helpful... bandsaw, Table saw, planer and maybe a drill press... with patience you can do most of the rest of it...

Can't wait to hear your "official" review...
You're correct. I have a lunchbox planer with helix head, Nova midi lathe and a cheap drill press, floor model belt sander I restored 7 years ago.
I need to find another bandsaw. I restored several over the years but sold them. I'm just ready to simplify a little.
Giving up a 30 x 40 shop will take some getting use to.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS