dosnt look like much

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
I know it dosnt look like much, but its something I been needing, and it works good:lol::lol::lol:
Found a good place to mount it on the saw, powered by an old 1/3 hp motor, got it finished today

Thanks for looking
sander1.jpg

sander2.jpg

sander3.jpg

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks great. I like the set screw through the top to get the drum down on the deck. Is that an MDF top? I always enjoyed making my own setups more than plunking down a big pile of green at the big box. It keeps the creativity going and the bank balance up!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Looks like a spindle sander to me. Functionality beats beauty every time. You may want to make a set off booster tables ( a piece of ply with a hole cut in it) so you can sand on different spots on the drum. Singely in Greensboro used to make some drums that used regular sandpaper on them. Looks like your arbor has a 1/2-20 thread on it. If so you can add drill chuck onto it.

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
Looks great. I like the set screw through the top to get the drum down on the deck. Is that an MDF top? I always enjoyed making my own setups more than plunking down a big pile of green at the big box. It keeps the creativity going and the bank balance up!

The top is some ply i had laying around, I really am cheap8-O

macdaddy

New User
Steve
I like the idea of mounting it on the edge of the table saw. That way it does not take up a separate space in the shop. Also recycling the old motor is another great idea.:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS